Well, I think it has to do with insulators?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Recall this post where I found the Pinco insulator? To set the scene a little bit, click any of these blue words and see the desolate ruins of where I've been today.98 degrees F (claimed the thermometer) and humid as Michigan gets but much to find! Sadly, basically everything was ruined. I also discovered a bottle not 1/4th a mile from where it had been bottled-- well, a shard to a bottle from where once was a beautiful brewery now mostly gone and covered by a bakery (White building.) But I have some questions:When was this piece from? I dug this.It appears that it held some sort of insulator-- it also cut me later. LOL.Part number(?) on lever. Serial number(?) on part. Another set of numbers. And yet another when I took the top off and set the screws aside. It has a porcelain insulator still attached and a shattered one stuck in it. Looking inside, we see that the levers can be moved to cause a shaft to go up or down. When I first opened it, it was down. Until I get a wrench that works, further dismantling cannot happen. But it has many parts to it, and I'm not sure what it does. It even appears to have a vent of sorts? I think that I did a good coverage of it. My best guess is that it has to do with power-lines. So what is it?
Ruined%2BFactory%2B062.JPG

2find4me

Reaction score
All the blue flashing words gave me a migraine.[&o] It definitely has something to do with insulating although I'm not sure what. I would poke around that brewery, you might can find where they dumped the culls at.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Sorry, but I like to keep unimportant pics to a minimum. I feel ya', though-- yesterday I had a headache. Then due to hot work under a hot sun and so much noise from all the pounding, it turned into a blinding migraine that forced me to give up when I couldn't see what I was hammering anymore. LOL. I'm actually somewhat light-sensitive. I keep all lights--including screen-brightness to not exacerbate problems-- to a minimum. I cannot paste a link like above when on laptop, so click the following link to see Muskegon Brewing Co.'s remains and learn more on what's happening to it:http://www.pigeonhillbrew.com/muskegon-brewing-company/ I'm afraid that Cole's Bakery has expanded over much of the original site. There are houses now over much of the area as well. I'm not sure what "culls" are? Next I go back, I'll take more pics of the area around the former Brewery.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I think your piece is part of an air breaker cutout switch that would have been on a power pole along side or over the transformers that reduced the voltage from high to 240 or 110 volts...........Andy

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229