Assortment of Cobalt Glassware Shards

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Minuteman Archaeologist

Mudlarking New England
Reaction score
Went mudlarking this morning in the cold and discovered an interesting assortment of cobalt glassware shards (Picture attached below). A few of the shards are from tea-cups and dishes, but I have no idea what they would have looked like as a complete object. Can anyone help me at identifying these shards? Please leave comments and thank you!

-M.A.
1609700717237.png

Jamdam

Reaction score
Went mudlarking this morning in the cold and discovered an interesting assortment of cobalt glassware shards (Picture attached below). A few of the shards are from tea-cups and dishes, but I have no idea what they would have looked like as a complete object. Can anyone help me at identifying these shards? Please leave comments and thank you!

-M.A.
I can help. Let get with my archeologist buddy who specializes in pottery and get you some answers. will need pictures of edges to see paste to be sure. I’ll get back to you.

Jamdam

Reaction score
Okay, here’s the best info I can get based on pictures alone. All pieces are transfer print, not hand painted. Probably from mid to late 19th century. The “STONE CHINA” makers mark is iron ware from late 19th or early 20th century. Without seeing clean paste or thickness, can’t tell if white ware, red ware, cream ware, or other but date range is good for looking further for bottles! Let me know if you find any additional shards and we can help.

Nickneff

Reaction score

-M.A.
View attachment 216489
Very early stoneware have seen these patterns never dug anything hole

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie