B. Broemmel Apothecary San Francisco...Well Traveled Bottle!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
Dug this in an 1880's privy here in Texas a few weeks ago...B. Broemmel/Apothecary/6th & Mission Sts. S.F." We dig a lot of well traveled stuff here in Texas but usually not pharmacy bottles. What a trip it must have had from San Francisco to the bottom of a privy in Texas!

Attachments

• 6f74f00daba84eff901fbb3c2fa12b1f.jpg
    6f74f00daba84eff901fbb3c2fa12b1f.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 87

Macaco

Reaction score
Excellent bottle! I haven't seen one of those yet. That one is a keeper. I have yet to dig a Texas bottle here in the SF Bay Area.

botlguy

Reaction score
Your bottle is listed in the California Pharmacy bottle book and that variant is unrated for rarity while others are Extremely rare so yours may be either Super Extremely rare or so common it defies rating. I'm guessing the former. Congratulations

botlguy

Reaction score
Your bottle is listed in the California Pharmacy bottle book and that variant is unrated for rarity while others are Extremely rare so yours may be either Super Extremely rare or so common it defies rating. I'm guessing the former. Congratulations

nhpharm

Reaction score
Jim, Very cool-thanks much! I think it is fairly early as pharmacy bottles go because the context in the privy...was definitely an early 1880's privy. It is always fun to dig something from far away...we dig hutch sodas from time to time from different places (Kansas, Washington DC, etc.) but very rarely pharmacy bottles.

Lordbud

Reaction score
Broemmel had several different variants of embossing. Some of his prescription bottles are also found in aqua.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis