Back on the bay bottles listed!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
RE: Back on the bay

Usually people put a line in thier auctions like "email me for alternate payment options".
i have used this and fleabay doesnt seem to have issues with it (or thier scan nazi misses it).
Now that they made paypal mandatory I feel they have tasked me to make every effort to avoid using it.

tigue710

Reaction score

I'll figure something out for the next ones... gonna put more on tonight... you stealing that hunts from as it is right now Matt! lol

tigue710

Reaction score

More stuff listed...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=270405974765

IMG_2477.jpg

glass man

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: tigue710

Matt, and everyone out there, they would not let me say I except other forms of payment.  I had it in the listing text and they railroaded me for it...

just let it be known I will take money orders...  thanks
AWHILE BACK A PERSON HAD LISTED PAY PAL ONLY. WHEN I WROTE TO THE PERSON THOUGH THEY SAID YES THEY WOULD ACCEPT OTHER MEANS OF PAYMENT AS THEY HATED PAY PAL!!! MAN,I WONDER HOW MANY SALES ARE LOST CAUSE OF THIS? IT ALWAYS PAYS TO ASK IF THE PERSON WILL THEY TAKE OTHER THEN PAY PAL AND NOT TAKE IT FOR GRANTED PAY PAL IS ALL THEY WILL TAKE. SEEMS LIKE SELLERS ARE GETTING MORE AND MORE ANGRY AT THE EBAY NAZIS! JAMIE

tigue710

Reaction score

to be honest I doubt anyone is loosing money over it. I used to pick up great bottles at a steal because the sellers didn't take pay-pal. Used to be if you didn't offer it your items would sell for 20-40% less then if you did have pay-pal...

ebay has just gotten ridiculous really, but it is what it is, and we are stuck with it. No body wants to buy a bottle, they want to win it...

baltbottles

Reaction score

I never accepted paypal until it was forced upon me and I felt my auctions did quite well. And I haven't seen any increas in sale price since. And for some reason half my recent auctions I still get paid with checks and money orders. Many people just seem to dislike paypal for one reason or another.

Chris

tigue710

Reaction score

personally I like it, its easy, and quick. I have the debt card so I have payments the second they are made. 3.2 percent can get be a lot of money when your up in the hundreds, but I count the time waiting for the mo or check, the time it takes to go the bank and everything else as a loss and inconvenience. In the end it equals out. I have heard a few people say that it hasn't changed their auctions, but Most of the better deals Ive gotten on bottles have been from people who didnt take pay-pal, most of the time huge deals too...

justanolddigger

Reaction score

I agree 100% with you Tigue, I really like paypal, it is just hard to swallow something rammed down your throats, I wish their approach had been better. I would never spend a lot of money on ebay for a bottle from someone I did not trust that did not take paypal. I have had numerous cases where I paid with paypal and the bottle was not as described, or they just won't even send it, and have gotten my money back everytime, even if the seller did not want to take the bottle back. As a seller, I hate the fees, but I love the convenience and the overall quick process. I find it amusing that a majority (not all)of the ones that still insist on paying by check or MO take forever to send their payment out, the last one being an acquintance of mine who took over two months to complete the deal. Chris got good prices for his stuff without payal because he is a well known & trusted dealer.

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: tigue710

just a warning to you all out there, I have been humbled by the giant e-bay, and joined back up today...

just listed a few and more are coming...

http://cgi.ebay.com/OPEN-PONTIL-SING-SING-NY-HUNTS-LINIMENT-BOTTLE_W0QQitemZ270405417979QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ef56b3bfb&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/YELLOW-BUNKER-HILL-PICKLE-BOTTLE-MINTY-SWEET_W0QQitemZ270405402356QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ef56afef4&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

In addition to buying on e-bay with me where you always know your getting an honest description you will also still be able to find good bottles at my site, linked below, New England Glass Works...

thanks everyone...

IMG_2436.jpg
THAT BUNKER HILL IS BEAUTIFUL! JAMIE

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology