Back to the Old dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

logueb

Reaction score
I did manage to find a whole Jumbo Peanut Butter. Here's before it was cleaned.

B5B5B3FF5D564B4BA353CD4D7DA5D689.jpg

Attachments

• B5B5B3FF5D564B4BA353CD4D7DA5D689.jpg
    B5B5B3FF5D564B4BA353CD4D7DA5D689.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 67

logueb

Reaction score
Took a little scrubbing, but it cleaned up nice. No chips or cracks. I'll keep you folks posted for any updates as long as there's an interest in this dump. No really great finds, but then there's always a chance that an older spot in the dump will be uncovered. I've seen broken bitters and hutches and 1880s shards, so I know that they are here, somewhere. Thanks for looking.

D5319F2AFA284D4EBF1481EA176A35CE.jpg

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Wow Buster you are getting some good finds but with the dues you are paying something great is gonna come out of there. Does the wife have to hose you down afterwards?

logueb

Reaction score
Thanks Mr. Fred. Previous diggers ran a trench lengthwise across the dump. Snaking around trees. I talked to one of the original diggers and he said that they followed a vien of older bottles. When I asked if they dug to the bottom, he said that in places they had. I suspect that they ran into the same problems that I have had. In the cooler rainy season, the very bottom gets too wet. The water seems to flow underneath the top layers. Hopefully I can run across one of these so called veins of older bottles. It's a good work out.

Thanks Cobalt. I try to wear several layers of clothes in the winter months. I have a set of retired fire dept. turnout gear that I use, especially the pants. They catch most of the mud. I take them off at the truck and toss them in the back. With the leather reinforced knees, they help out a lot. Plus they have those oversized side pockets, great for gloves etc. I get a lot of strange looks from the locals when I pop outta the woods after a muddy day dig. I hose down in the yard, so wifey don't get too upset.

dcoffin5

Reaction score
looks like a fun dump to dig - keep posting!
I haven't dug in the rain/mud yet...maybe i need to get a pair of those fire dept. pants before I do.

sandchip

Reaction score
The script on that syringe looks like the MacGregor that makes sports equipment today. Wonder if there's any connection?

ORIGINAL: logueb

There were two glass hyperdemic needles. Unfortunately I broke one trying to get a pic. Anyway here's the "VIM" one. It has a hollow glass plunger inside.

723120262FD64BC9970C7F75459A63A2.jpg

logueb

Reaction score
Found this on google. I don't think that there is a connection with the MacGregors Sports equipment. . You might find this interesting.
www.whonamedit.com/synd.cfm/4202.html

Plumbata

Reaction score
A wet and muddy day in a dump is better than a rainy day inside!

What are those sodas, are they all nugrapes or something like that?

The prospect of getting to the old layers sounds pretty enticing. I would suggest pickling the brains of the original diggers again to see if they remember how thick the old layer was and where it was most dense. I bet there is some killer potential in there considering your finding of hutch and bitters shards and the tales of the first wave of diggers.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigJayKay