Baltimore Show?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Diggin4Togas

Reaction score
We left the show after it ended and we headed home. 4o miles from Albany we hit a bad ice storm, real bad. Then we hit head on with a blizzard from hell, But we had our expert driver on our side,none other than Marc aka (Bottlenut). Today I decided to test one of Chris (baltbottles) probes I got from him. With 16" of fresh snow I found what I was looking for. My garden tractor
m9.gif
lol. Thanks again Chris your probes really do work.

15AA0C5F94FF458FB42356149511038D.jpg

Attachments

• 15AA0C5F94FF458FB42356149511038D.jpg
    15AA0C5F94FF458FB42356149511038D.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 62

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Staunton Dan

ORIGINAL: digger don

We missed the picture but Blade, Stony, and I were the guys in the middle of the show with all the dirty bottles and some great criers. We did meet a lot of these guys. And thanks AndyG for taking the rest of our stuff off our hands. Great show!

Sorry you missed the photo too guys. It looks like there were many ABN members in attendance. What a great turnout and show. I am wondering who else was there who wasn't in the photo. Let us know who you are.

I guess I am one you missed....aint no biggie....I wish i could have seen you and said hello. I spent a lot of time at the appraisel table. Chris gave a redware educational program at our club this year. It was one of the best programs we have had at the club for many years. His knowledge of redware is only exceeded by his knowledge of Baltimore bottles.

botlenut

Reaction score
Hey Randy, That was quite a wild ride home huh? I thought we were in trouble several times, but that Snow plow like spray that came off that 18 wheeeler when he went by I thought was the end. I was so tense when I got home I couldnt even go to bed. I got 14" of snow too. got home after 11;00 My wife is so good to me, she had cleared a spot in the driveway for me to pull into. I said to her, That was 8 of the worst hours I have ever had behind the wheel of a car in 29 years of driving. I will never forget that ride. 400 miles of pure hell. We had nearly every element thrown at us all at once Oh and then there were the other drivers that nearly killed us too.[:D] I was glad to wake up this morning in my bed. I banged off work too. I needed recovery time.

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: botlenut

Hey Randy, That was quite a wild ride home huh? I thought we were in trouble several times, but that Snow plow like spray that came off that 18 wheeeler when he went by I thought was the end. I was so tense when I got home I couldnt even go to bed. I got 14" of snow too. got home after 11;00 My wife is so good to me, she had cleared a spot in the driveway for me to pull into. I said to her, That was 8 of the worst hours I have ever had behind the wheel of a car in 29 years of driving. I will never forget that ride. 400 miles of pure hell. We had nearly every element thrown at us all at once Oh and then there were the other drivers that nearly killed us too.[:D] I was glad to wake up this morning in my bed. I banged off work too. I needed recovery time.

Mark, sorry for your ordeal. I heard that the weather was supposed to be pretty bad heading back up north but didn't think it was going to be that bad. Glad that you all made it back allright. We even had snow in our neck of the woods and we are a lot further south than you. Hope everyone made it home safely.

CazDigger

Reaction score
Hi guys, it was great meeting everyone in person. I am the one in the orange SU t shirt in the group photo. That trip home to Cazenovia NY was white-knuckle the whole way. The worst part is I left my buddies house at 2:30 am after dropping him off (left the show at 4pm) and they didn't plow my country roads. My 4WD truck got stuck 2 miles from my house going up a hill when I hit 3 foot plus drifts. I managed to ger R turned around, went back into town and waited till the plows came out, got home (barely... my side road still wasn't plowed but the main one was) at 7:15am, 5 hours for what normally would be 30 minutes! They say we got 24" of snow here, but with the blowing and drifting it sure seems like alot more.
What an adventure!
The show was awesome, saw a green Old Homestead Bitters change hands for $150K, met lots of great people, added a couple of Mt Vernon utilities and conquered my winter "bottle Jones"

GuntherHess

Reaction score
We missed the picture but Blade, Stony, and I were the guys in the middle of the show with all the dirty bottles

My lunch tasted like dirt after picking up bottles on your table[:D]
More people should bring dirty bottles. Makes you almost feel like you are diggin for them at the show.

Ratzilla

Reaction score
Gee, it only rained (although pretty damn hard at times) on me on the way home, can't say I'm sorry about missing the snow, though. Hey Dan, nice group shot, that's me on the far left in the picture, otherwise known as Tom. Deepdigger (Kevin) is 4th from left, holding the bottle.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A Giles