Barq's Root Beer from Panama City

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digdug

Reaction score
This past weekend I went digging and found only 1 item worth bringing home. It is an embossed Barq's bottle. Has an orange peel texture over most of bottle. Only small rectangular place is smooth on front. Has 'Barq's' embossed on shoulders. Bottom has Barq's Root Beer Co Panama City FLA. I had never seen one like it. Was it an ACL or paper label? There is no 'dent' found on this bottle like on most ACL's base. This little 'belly button' looking thing was used to line up the ACL in the right place. This bottle doesn't have one, and it would be hard to line up the smooth rectangle by hand to place ACL. No date that I can see. Anyone have info of year, etc.?

BARQS19

Reaction score
Hi this was an ACL bottle, probably 40s. I'll post a pic when I get back from TX. I didn't know this type of ACL was in Panama so early, I've seen examples from Biloxi, MS and Columbus, GA. I just saw one of these in the same condition from my friend in Las Vegas. If mint, would bring about $40. It had a red border, white back ground, and in red lettering DRINK BARQ'S BEVERAGES. I also have many other ex. from Panama City, FL, odd bottles, a 7 oz and a 10oz, the both red labeled, like the New Orleans bottles but with the 7oz being slick sided and the 10oz being orange peeled sided, or what I called pebbled. I also have a couple of diamond design versions, found a couple more from some towns in FL.
Robert
barqs19

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles