Be Careful Kicking Around Those Mason Jars

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digger dun

Reaction score
Eastern Long Island, metro NYC, Hudson valley NY
DUMP SNAKES!

724CBB0310BB46B1A632805E9D4C7E3B.jpg

Attachments

• 724CBB0310BB46B1A632805E9D4C7E3B.jpg
    724CBB0310BB46B1A632805E9D4C7E3B.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 61

creeper71

Reaction score
RE: Nice snake

ORIGINAL: Gunsmoke47

If you have ever been bitten by a poisenous snake your attitude may change a little about them. I know mine did. I harbor no ill will towards snakes in general and I do practice relocating every rattler I come in contact with. (usually 5 to 10 a year) I relocate his head in one direction and his body in another. I guess I hold grudges.
How about you relocate yourself to a part he isn't in since your in his house he isn't in yours

cowseatmaize

Reaction score

If you have ever been bitten by a poisenous snake your attitude may change a little about them. I know mine did. I harbor no ill will towards snakes in general and I do practice relocating every rattler I come in contact with. (usually 5 to 10 a year) I relocate his head in one direction and his body in another. I guess I hold grudges.
Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, I have to disagree, Snakes and most wild animals attack when threatened. Humans can (or should be able to) just tell the difference between what should be considered casual contact and threat.
At any rate though, I hope the body-head separation resulted in a good meal. I've had rattlesnake and I like it!
Edit, sorry I forgot the e's

dogtx

Reaction score

I cant see its head and eyes that well but it looks like a rat snake.

carobran

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: creeper71

How about you relocate yourself to a part he isn't in since your in his house he isn't in yours
So he can bite you next time your there?Good idea!![8|]I try to kill any poisonous snakes I see,but leave garter and Kingsnakes alone unless thety're really close to the house or to where Im fishing/hunting.

dogtx

Reaction score

I feel bad when I dig up snakes or other animals in the middle of winter.
So i will dig a quick hole put some leaves in it and put them back to sleep and bury them.
See y'all critters in the spring.

creeper71

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: carobran

ORIGINAL: creeper71

So he can bite you next time your there?Good idea!![8|]I try to kill any poisonous snakes I see,but leave garter and Kingsnakes alone unless thety're really close to the house or to where Im fishing/hunting.
If your that worried don't go in the wood... your logic make no sense

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score

Well creeper, I'll tell you a little secret. I wasn't in his house, he was in mine. It was 8:30 in the morning on April 15th. I stepped on him. He/She, never rattled, hissed, or offered to shake my hand, and I relocated him but not before he did substantial damage to my leg. I can't speak for copperheads, but if anybody thinks a rattle snake can't kill you, they know not of what they speak. For every one I kill, that is one less chance of an innocent child being bitten. I live in an area where they are rampant, and if I have to move, or they have to move........... guess who loses. I don't expect everybody to agree with me. I'm just sayin, if you have never been bitten, you do not need to make a call.

Eric, don't worry about the e's...[:D] I fought that all my life! lol

creeper71

Reaction score

Well creeper, I'll tell you a little secret. I wasn't in his house, he was in mine. It was 8:30 in the morning on April 15th. I stepped on him. He/She, never rattled, hissed, or offered to shake my hand, and I relocated him but not before he did substantial damage to my leg. I can't speak for copperheads, but if anybody thinks a rattle snake can't kill you, they know not of what they speak. For every one I kill, that is one less chance of an innocent child being bitten. I live in an area where they are rampant, and if I have to move, or they have to move........... guess who loses. I don't expect everybody to agree with me. I'm just sayin, if you have never been bitten, you do not need to make a call.

Eric, don't worry about the e's...[:D] I fought that all my life! lol
Altho I don't agree with your method of removing the snake I do understand why you did.. I am speakin about people who go tramping in the woods an kill snakes they run into when they are the ones who are intruding not the snake all the snake wants to do is escape an find it's next meal or sunbath on the hot rocks to digest it's last meal. I never been bitten by a poisonous snake but I have been chased by a Copper head, I have also been bitten by many non poisonous snakes in my life..

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

I don't kill snakes period. People have this this crazy azz fear of snakes that was built into them from child hood. They may not know it but that fear was drummed into there heads some where in life.
#1 the hoop snake dose not bite its own tail and roll down a hill after you.
#2 The milk snake does not milk cows and poison the cows milk which in turn poison you.
# 3 The whip snake does not whip you to death.
# 4 The common water snake is not poisonous.
# 5 The diamond back rattle snake does not chase you,track you down,or ambush you, you have to startle it or F$^& with it for it to bite you.

I had snakes as pets most of my childhood. I kept Every snake you can think of except poisonous Variety. No need to kill them un less you have to.
People are not up on all the "snake facts" they just dont like them so they kill them. No excuse. Just think if that were the case with us humans, "I hate that dude I fear him im gonna chop his head off. Let the snakes be even the ones close to your house.[:-]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler