Beautiful but what is it?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pa1rk1er

Reaction score
I dug this amythest bottle. The only name on it is TORO. It is a 3 piece mold. It has a ornate neck on it Very purple in color. It has 12 sides to the bottom part Can someone help?

Yw69115.jpg

Attachments

• Yw69115.jpg
    Yw69115.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 119

pa1rk1er

Reaction score
Thank you to all who gave feed back on my bottle. But is there anyone who could supply me with a bit more info or where I might be able to go for info? My basic question is whats it worth? The picture doesn't do it justice I really have not finished cleaning it yet. I looked up lots of colognes in a book but none were very specific. The bottle measures 9 1/2" no pontil 12 sided on bottom half 3 piece mold appl lip. deep purple. Thanks!

Monsonant

Reaction score
I think we all took a stab at figuring out what kind of bottle this is . It is a great looking bottle we know that for sure .Until you know just what it is it will be hard to place a value on it. I have been selling bottles for a many years . I have found that sometimes items can be so rare that nobody is willing to pay much for it .If its not in a book or in someone else's collection .....there is nothing to compare it to. If a Cologne collector is not really sure that's what it is they wont be willing to give you much for it. Most items that are a little outside the main stream of a collectable field never seem to bring very much . Hang in there and keep looking and sooner or later you will find out what it is. Until then it priceless . Hunt down some cologne collectors and get their opinions . I keep thinking I have seen this bottle before ... but I just can not place it . Maybe on a trade card . Check Florida Water bottles many of them I have seen have Spanish labeling (The Toro embossing is your biggest clue. ). All the Murry & Lanman bottles have a similar shape. Good Luck ..... I'll be looking ! d.e.a.

Semar

Reaction score
Raised from the Dead

Another Toro bottle here! I've been opening my stored bottle collection that's been packed away for 20 years or so, and lo and behold I too have a Toro bottle just like OP's It hadn't turned purple when I dug it but it's good to see it after all these years. If the sun ever comes out here I'll take a picture to add to the database.

Attachments

• DSCF0635.jpg
    DSCF0635.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 43

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member