BEE BOTTLE HELP.....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
On the bottom of this bottle it says,Wm A Selser.I found out who Wm A Selser was, he was a dealer for The A.I Root company based in Ohio.Root was a Bee Keepers supplier.
Wm A Selser was based at 10 Vine St Philadelphia.It says he was a dealer and sold( bee making supply's) I could not find anything about him bottling honey.
From what I read,the bottle should date 1880s-1890 around that era.
Does any one have any info on this BEE or know any one who might?
Thanks Rick

Front...

BC7106C79AAC4C76801D5CCAECF4F216.jpg

Attachments

• BC7106C79AAC4C76801D5CCAECF4F216.jpg
    BC7106C79AAC4C76801D5CCAECF4F216.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 75

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Wm A Selser

The records seem to indicate he was more involved with the sales of apiary equipment and the analysis of honey production. With the type of work he was doing it might seem like a conflict of interest if he was also selling honey himself. But of course his career could have changed over time. He may have been involved in honey production earlier in his career.

In 1904 he was at least doing wax separating, dont know if this was for business or scientific analysis...
"According to Wm..A. Selser, who separated wax from honey[/b] on a large scale, the proportion of wax in the honey[/b] comb averages 1 per cent from 1500 pounds he obtained 14.25 pounds of wax by actual experiment. (A. J.P., 1904,267.) "

I would think your date of the 1890s is probably correct .

kanudigit?

Reaction score
That is, by far, the craziest bottle I've ever seen. I also thinks it's pretty freakin' cool.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Yeah Gunther I read most of that.I wanted to know if there is a swarm of these flying around or just a few [:D] I never saw one.I can't even locate one on ebay or any other site.
Did you see anywhere on that page that Selser was a honey producer?Maybe he just made one bottle for him self.[8D] I doubt it though.What ever the case may bee I like the Bee.
Thanks for checking for me.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I didnt see anywhere that Selser actually produced honey.

That bottle isnt listed anywhere i can find. It is at least uncommon. Its the first one I have seen but I dont specialize in food bottles. In general figural bottles tend to have more appeal to collectors.

glass man

Reaction score
If he produced products for Bee KEEPER SUPPLYS,WOULDN'T HONEY BOTTLES BEEN PART OF THIS? I AM SURE HE KNEW THEY HAD TO KEEP HONEY IN SOMETHING AND MONEY COULD BE MADE IN SUPPLYING THE BEE KEEPERS WITH BOTTLES. THEN THE BEE KEEPERS COULD HAVE USED THESE BOTTLES TO PUT THE HONEY IN AND SOLD IT LOCALLY. DANG THAT BOTTLE CLEANED UP!!!! RICK THAT IS ONE COOL BOTTLE!!!! MAN YOU SURE DON'T SEE THOSE............BUT ONCE! WONDER IF THEY DID NOT GO OVER CAUSE OF THE SCARY BOTTLE? IT DON'T COZY UP TO YOU LIKE WINNIE THE POOH!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Hahahah ....
Come here son,and take a spoon full of honey from this........KILLER BEE!!!!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! son? son??? [:D]

I looked at there whole supply catalog from the 1890s no bottles what so ever were in it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles