beechtree bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bearfan

Reaction score
I just came across this bottle and was hoping someone could help me with more information on it. It measures about 6 1/2 inches tall, has a crude top and opening with a pontail at the bottom. The bottle is difficult to read but I think it says 1776 Beechtree or peechtree on the common 1976 with a tree in the middle. the other side shows an embossing of a building and I can not make out what it says at the bottom. The bottle is signed and numbered at the bottom 10/100 and I can not make out who signed it. I show some pictures below, if you need more just let me know and I will be happy to post. I guess I am confused by the 1976 date with the crude top and pontail, but then again, what do I know. thanks for the help.
JOHN
batgra2044.jpg

batgra2046.jpg

batgra2045.jpg

batgra2059.jpg

batgra2060.jpg

batgra2057.jpg

batgra2055.jpg

batgra2053.jpg

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey John...

That's a real interesting piece, but I'm thinking it's not real old... Don't know how old, but it's not like our Stoddard, Keene or Coventry flasks.

In photograph number five, right on the left shoulder I can read "Good Riddance Auctions. LLC" with the figure of someone that looks like the "Oscars" figure... I think Limited Liability Corporations (LLC's) are pretty recent. Or is this some kind of LOGO that is embedded into the photo from an auction house? Is it part of the bottle?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't seen any bottles with etching or scratching on it to signify the number of the piece or the individual craftsman... not like that anyway.

Anybody else have any ideas???[8|]

Wayne

bearfan

Reaction score
Hi Wayne,
Well you got the name of my business correct. that is embedded in the pictures because people like to take them from my auctions and use them for their own. I have the pictures without the logos as well. Do they even make bottles with pontails today?
thanks for the information...it gave me a chuckle LOL.
JOHN

capsoda

Reaction score
It looks like one of those bicentinial art glass flasks. Ive seen them in alot of different colors. A guy at one of the local flea market was trying to pass them off as antiques.

The scribed writing on the bottom is the artist/blowers name and #10 out of 100 blown.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hi John...

Yeah, that pontil kinda looks suspicious to me... Sure looks sharp, crisp and new... no base wear on the bottom.

It's a neat looking piece, but... I get that "hinky" feeling about it...[8|]

Wayne

bearfan

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Found the information I was looking for on this Bottle. The bottle was made for Petersburg NH by Chris Salmon who also made glass medallions at the same time for 1976 Bicentennial and sold for $5.00 each....which means I way overpaid, but I still like it. If you add $2.50 to every year since I will get my money back!! LOL ($75.00)
JOHN

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology