been a good couple of months for new addttions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

baltbottles

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: E

Hey fellas,

New Hampshire Halls definitely come in pontiled form, I have one in my collection and recently had a chance to purchase a second at a local shop (don't know why/how two of them found their way so far south = Richmond, Va.). Great collection of Coughlans; I started my obsession with Baltimore Glass a couple of years back after meeting Chris V of Baltimore at a local show - tough to equal the character/art of Federal Hill and early Baltimore Glass Works bottles.

Mike, so do you collect Baltimore stuff? Or Va stuff made in baltimore? Or both?

Chris

deepbluedigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: baltbottles

The 3 sodas a W. COUGHLAN / BALTO in a rectangular slugplate, a JOHN CLARK / F.P. / BALTO in a rectangular slugplate, and a light green F.&L. SCHAUIM / BALTIMORE / GLASS WORKS

9302AC588F2C45C28A16B5A5E680518C.jpg

I love that Schaum bottle on the right Chris. Beautiful!

E

Reaction score
Chris,

I never met any Baltimore glass that I didn't like. I only have a couple local (Richmond/Petersburg) bottles that I believe to be Baltimore products and my actual Baltimore collection is still humble but is expanding. By the way, I really like the Clark in the last photo, I wanted the Clark F.P. porter that showed up on ebay last year, but I didn't want to compete against the other Baltimore glass collector who I think won it (nice fella - a friend of yours I am sure). Re: sodas/porters/lagers: I don't collect any one region/city, if its pontiled and suits my eye and I will usually bite on it.

I will try to get a pic of the pontiled D.G Hall up when I can, be please be patient with me, I move little slow... E

baltbottles

Reaction score
Mike, sound like you like nice sodas in general. I'd love to see some of your Richmond and Petersburg example.

Chris

E

Reaction score
Chris,

Two are featured on Todd von Meechow's "Sodas and Beers of N.A." website (link below), type in L. Petersen for firm and select the porter for the Petersburg bottle. The bottle has since been cleaned up, the color is actually dark yellow-olive much like a Hopkins Chalybeate that I have (Baltimore or Spring Garden G. W. I believe?). The Richmond bottle is an odd McCormack that looks much like the same mold used for Babbs sodas, the color is light olive/teal (I have a Russell lager in close to the same hue). The bottle is #511102AA on Todd's site - again the bottle has been cleaned since photo was taken and is in much better condition than depicted in this awful picture. I also have common blue McCormack ponies, a Mason & Burns pony, and a Canfield porter, not sure where these were manufactured, I suppose any one/all could potentially be a Baltimore product.

http://www.sodasandbeers.com/SABSearchResults.aspx?Categories=Beer&Shape_General=Sided&Shape_Specific=ChpBr&Find_Bottles=Find+Bottles&Source=Attributes

E

Reaction score
Swifty that I am, I just noted that "Sodas and Beers" of this chain is the same Tod of the "Sodas and Beers of North America" website, great reference Tod, many thanks for putting it together/maintaining it so well. E

nhpharm

Reaction score
Mike,

I just noticed that you referenced D.G. Hall as the pontiled Hall bottle from New Hampshire. That is actually a Providence, Rhode Island bottle. The Hall from New hampshire that I was referencing is the Henry C. Hall that is embossed with "Manchester, N.H.".

I'm still hunting a pontiled Henry C. Hall bottle from Manchester, New Hampshire if someone has one.

E

Reaction score
Right, that makes sense = couldn't understand why you were getting excited over a D.G. Hall as they are relatively common (even the true pontiled versions). I am not famliar with the Henry C. Hall, but sounds like my kinda bottle...

Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner - I had a rough run of health, but gladly am back in fighting shape again.

Cheers, E

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause