been a good couple of months for new addttions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

baltbottles

Reaction score
If you account for all the smooth based torpedoes and tenpins and add in the pre 1870 smooth based sodas you get 61 different molds that I know of from Baltimore.

If you then add in all the different stoneware bottles from the same pre 1870 time frame there are 33 different names found on bottles

Then if you factor in color and lip treatment variations on all the glass bottles and name spellings and product embossing on the stoneware bottles as well as glaze color you end up with close to 300 bottles.

I figure this should take me forever to complete if its even possible.

Chris

ChrisP1

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: baltbottles

I've had a great couple of months picking up some Rare Baltimore pieces for my collection. I added two new pontiled soda molds to my collection I didn't have. One color variation of a pontiled sodaI already had a couple of, three new stoneware bottle names I didn't have and a pontiled medicine variation in a size I didn't have. Anythime I add 7 new bottles to the collection in two months I'm doing really good.

Hey Chris,

Incredible bottles! I especially like your amazing Baltimore torpedoes. I've spent plenty of time drooling over your website.

I understand you dig and probably buy/trade when bottles become available, but do you know if anyone has had any luck diving for Baltimore bottles? I would imagine there must be harbor/wharf sites where these can be found. Also, how far would you expect the MD bottles to be dispersed via ships, etc? Have you heard of folks finding them on Long Island?

Finally, do you know of any interesting embossed NY torpedoes I should look for? I would like to focus on "local" bottles and I really like the torpedoes.

Thanks!

nhpharm

Reaction score
Tod,

What soda or beer do you have listed for New Hampshire that is pontiled? Is it the Hall from Manchester? I've seen probably a dozen of those and they are all smooth base...never seen one with a pontil and they honestly look to be about 10-15 years after the pontil era.

-Brandon

Sodasandbeers

Reaction score
It is the Hall. I have seen a large number of these myself and they were all SB, but one was reported to me as being pontiled.

E

Reaction score
Hey fellas,

New Hampshire Halls definitely come in pontiled form, I have one in my collection and recently had a chance to purchase a second at a local shop (don't know why/how two of them found their way so far south = Richmond, Va.). Great collection of Coughlans; I started my obsession with Baltimore Glass a couple of years back after meeting Chris V of Baltimore at a local show - tough to equal the character/art of Federal Hill and early Baltimore Glass Works bottles.

nhpharm

Reaction score
I would love to see a photo! Keep me in mind if you ever look to sell.

E

Reaction score
A photo of the D.G. Hall? I may be able to post one but I am technically challnged + a bit lazy. Its not a bad looking bottle, in decent shape, with some nice iron remaining - but truth is I'm not overly attached to it, if you are really interested I would part with it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause