Best Finds and Shards 2015

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

coldwater diver

Reaction score
I have not gone diving as much this year as in years past. To much on my plate this past year. IMG_8547.jpg Feel free to jump in and show your best as thread is open for all.
I will start with my three best finds. An apple green iron pontil stubby, a nice open pontil Harrison Columbia Ink, and a half pint Stoddard Eagle
(granite glass works). Each find was random and almost a needle in the haystack. The flask was filled 3/4 of the way w the cork still in it(smelled like apple cider vinegar). It was sticking out just a bit more than the neck showing. I was in fast current saw it doubled back against the current to grab it. That and some golf balls for that dive. The stubby was just showing its base under tons of modern junk, again nothing else to show. Lastly the Harrison, w just 500lbs of air left decided to stay near boat and just one panel of the twelve was showing, i reached in and to my surprise a whole ink. In the middle of a lake not near anything. Thank you bottle gods!

coldwater diver

Reaction score
My best shards are a base to a "pitkin flask",a base to a "travelers companion flask" and part of a very old English Chamber pot perhaps from 17th century, and the bird is the wordIMG_8538.jpgIMG_8539.jpgIMG_8540.jpgIMG_8541.jpgIMG_8542.jpg.
Most of my dives are good if I come up w something old, or something for dinner. Shards always let me know I'm in the right area.

2find4me

Reaction score
Nice bottles, you did better than I did this year for sure.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Those are good finds! Shame the rivers around here are knee deep in sand and mud. Be glad when all that silt washes into the Gulf of Mexico, I may take up diving at age 90.

foster2100

Reaction score
Ever tried probing into the side of the bank? I'm in WV and some of the creeks are like that here, ya know like flash flood prone areas and sometimes the creeks not the rivers though will washout what has been upstream.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn