best flea market/yardsale finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
It must have been quite a LONG time ago that you found it. I see a Greer auction tag on the side, and I would assume Greer owned it for a good while. Likely means it was found about 30 years ago or so.

David Fertig

Reaction score
No. I probably owned mine in the early 2000's. I asked for a pic of the base, but from their reply, I doubt I will be getting one. Figured I could easily compare pontil scars. Mine may have been a little more tealy though.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
That bottle would have been in Dr Sam Greer's collection until 1988
It was the 2nd bottle sold in that famous auction giving it quite a provenance.

Bixel

Reaction score
Hmmmm best yard sale, flea or garage sale find.....

If I was to pick the best one, I think it has to be an insulator I got about 4 years ago now.

I went with my dad and a buddy of his to an antique tractor and vehicle show being held a couple hours away. I knew it would have a small flea market, but no way to predict if it would just be tractor and car parts or what. I got to the the show, and left for the flea market are immediately. Alot of the people there were selling reproduction parts, tractor books, and other things I wasnt really interested in. I then saw one guy who had what i liked.... JUNK! I made a beeline for his area, which was a large are with many tables, and lotfs of stuff layed out on tarps. I looked through some boxes of insulators, only finding a couple that I would buy if they were cheap. I walked to the table to talk to him, and noticed a box of insulators sitting behind, with one particlar insulator sitting right on the top. It is a CD 143 "GNW" Dwight Pattern. On 99.9% of these Dwight Patterns, the GNW is blotted out, but this one still had the GNW embossed on it, making it a very rare insulator, and I got for about 4 bucks.

LC

Reaction score
Now that is a cool bottle .

towhead

Reaction score
Most fun I had was a Cohansey 1/2 pint fruit (canning) jar... for, I think, .50 cents. Just thought it was diff. and got it...worth a couple hundred. -Julie

towhead

Reaction score
And my friend got a clasped hands, calabash flash for $7.50 !! And, I thought it was a repro! Can't remember what it was worth...$200.-$400...-Julie

ktbi

Reaction score
The local antique shop bought a large dresser. Inside one of the drawers were two perfect bottles she sold to me for $15. One was a nice case gin with seal and the other a black glass Wolfe's. Still have both of them. About a year later, from the same shop, I picked up a rare local drug store medicine for $5. Don't know the value as it's the only one I've seen and didn't know existed until then. Nice addition......Ron

XRdsRev

Reaction score
I bought this pint POTTER & BODINE at an Estate Sale late on a Sunday afternoon just before it closed. Paid 6 dollars for it.

21929DCAE8DF4BD7939D5731E56ADB66.jpg

Attachments

• 21929DCAE8DF4BD7939D5731E56ADB66.jpg
    21929DCAE8DF4BD7939D5731E56ADB66.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 89

carobran

Reaction score
that things beutiful !!...........you should post it in the jar section[:)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads