BIB LABEL ~ WHAT IS IT AND/OR WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S. I'm beginning to think the person who wrote the information about the "Lithiated Lemon & Limes Soda" bottle cap knew what they were talking about and wasn't just speculating when they said ... "This was the first 7up crown and used while the 7up trademark was pending."

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Especially if the bottle cap does in fact have "Howdy Corporation" on it!

Canadacan

Reaction score
I guess what I glean from all of this is exactly what you suggest Bob , is that is was more of a nick name, especially when you look at the patent documents. I don't think Bib label had anything to with bottle hangers or toppers. Was 'bib' just a quirky term for label? ...I was looking at that site where it stated: "(the 'bib' referred to the practice of labeling bottled goods with paper 'bibs', which made for both economy and efficiency in using the same bottles over a line of various products). I really think that bib simply means label ....IMHO..... maybe I read to much into the word labeling ,but I seem to attach it to the idea of a fixed label and not something that was hung on a bottle. Interesting topic though...things that make you go hmmmm???[:D]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen