Paper Country Club Ginger Ale advertising piece. Anyone know what it is?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

HunterTheFox59

Reaction score
Bought this Country Club Ginger Ale display today at Brimfield Antique Flea Market. Does anyone have any clue on what it is or what it was used for?
1000001125.jpg
1000001126.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I don't think it could be a lampshade because the top is sealed, a lampshade needs an open top to vent the heat from an incandescent bulb. I'm wondering if maybe the bottom was originally sealed as well and it could be some sort of advertisement that would hang from a ceiling, somewhat like a paper lantern. Is there any indication that anything was ever attached to the top? And what's going on with that paper straw stuff?

HunterTheFox59

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! The straw is pushed between the paper and the white top, just in that one spot. Aside from that there is nothing else to indicate it hung from anything. My best guess is that would sit on a round pedestal and a bottle would sit on top of it, or it was a hat.

Reactions: Len

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! The straw is pushed between the paper and the white top, just in that one spot. Aside from that there is nothing else to indicate it hung from anything. My best guess is that would sit on a round pedestal and a bottle would sit on top of it, or it was a hat.
If this is a skirt for a pedestal, I wonder what the pedestal would have looked like? Then a display using a bottle would have been possible. Interesting, nonetheless.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen