Bicycles, Bears, Balloons and bottles...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bombboy

Reaction score
Joe,

J A Smith is listed on Tod's site, and mention of the bottle motif, however, not in amber as yours.

Excellant finds and a great story. Ever think of getting some bear repellant? Its not illegal, in NY that is, just dont use it on humans, even if they deserve it.

Mark

Wheelah23

Reaction score
That is a REALLY awesome bottle to just find sitting on the surface like that! I can't even imagine how excited you guys were. I woulda been doing backflips! Great find!

surfaceone

Reaction score
J A Smith is listed on Tod's site, and mention of the bottle motif, however, not in amber as yours.

Hey Mark,

I always have trouble navigating Tod's site. I couldn't find JA Smith. I couldn't find LA Smith. L & A Smith, same story. I got the error message: "Warning: No firms found. Try changing your above selection parameters." about 6 times, and gave up.

Could'ya put up a link please? Tod's excellent site hates me.[8D]

NoCookies-main_Full.jpg

surfaceone

Reaction score
Thank you, Connor.

Hey Joe & Mayor Tom,

From all that I've been unable to find on L.A. Smith, I think you have a real good one there. The Embossed bottle & unusually embossed "This Bottle Never" framing it, make it special to my eyes.

Is there any maker info? Am it a quart? Why do I have this strong feeling you guys are wending your way back there, as I type?

Hope so. And that there will be no parachuting involved... Camp out in the planning stages?

2kfa4e610646.jpg

bombboy

Reaction score
Surface, my bad L A Smith is correct, sorry was thinking of another item I've been researching. Looking for an elusive J.A. Peach baseball glove, stuck in my head.

Info Conner posted is the same I saw, mention of the bottle motif on the back but not in amber. And trust me, I think Tod's site hates me as well, this was the first it really worked for me and I couldn't even get the info right.

But it is a great bottle none the less and a surface find to boot. The bottle gods were shining on someones b hind that day.

Mark

SAbottles

Reaction score
Hey Joe, porcupines chewing on your bottles? You can't be feeding them right. Mind you, this little bugger gnawed on our back door -

Webb40.jpg

and went on till he damned nearly ate through the door ! -

Webb44.jpg

Great story, you seem to have amazing wilderness areas around you ? Nice to get a bottle with a picture of a bottle on it ! [:D]

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Thanks so much everyone for all the positive comments!....Glad you all enjoyed the telling of our backwoods outing...as far as I know there are few bottles with a pic of a bottle on them...[:D] Tom brought it to the Rochester show today and there was quite a clamor over it,....He ended up selling it about an hour or so after we arrived...

This is the only bottle in my collection with a bottle depicted on it...Don't see too many. We'll post again, next trip back to the balloon area... Again,...thanks.

EE76FEA13FC7410D8C678A5EBA8D3C39.jpg

Also a big thanks to all the research given freely here!....Very interesting and good reading!

Attachments

• EE76FEA13FC7410D8C678A5EBA8D3C39.jpg
    EE76FEA13FC7410D8C678A5EBA8D3C39.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 68

cadburys

Reaction score
Love that beer ...great job. Never heard of a porcupine gnawing on stuff before!

Ant

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson