big money milk sold today on ebay nice story with it

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

crozet86

Reaction score
I recently decided to sell on ebay again to make room since my recent move.I listed this rare puerto rico milk bottle and for 6 days hardly any interest in it.Well today with 1 minute left it was at $15.99 and by the end of auction it sold for $430.00.It was a nice surprise to say the least.
Now the story to go with it sent by the buyer to me. He is a big collector of puerto rico milk bottles.He told me after 27 years of collecting puerto rico bottles he never seen this bottle but knew of the company.He said he had been searching for a bottle from this company since he knew of their existence.Well the reason he wanted a bottle from this company so bad was his grandfather worked there.So, all in all i was happy and i believe he was happier than me.He also said as far as he knew this is a one of a kind bottle so that is neat to.The bottle is a 1/2 PINT FROM Ponce Puerto Rico.

0C86AA7D2F464AD6BC86A8EEE0819B6A.jpg

Attachments

• 0C86AA7D2F464AD6BC86A8EEE0819B6A.jpg
    0C86AA7D2F464AD6BC86A8EEE0819B6A.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 68

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello crozet86; That makes a good place for an old bottle to go home. Looking at the picture, I saw some heel lettering. How about sharing that with us - unless it is already boxed up. Is there any lettering or a central circle on the bottom? Nice story and experience in any event. RED Matthews

crozet86

Reaction score
Red the bottle has "registered" alng the base in front and "liquid" along base in back.It does have the center valve in circle on bottom.It also has appr. P.R. NO. 168 on back shoulder. I am happy about the bottle and glad the buyer could add it to his collection.

druggistnut

Reaction score
That was one heck of a price for a REHP milk. Beats anything I have seen around here.
You just never know- and that is one of the things I love about this hobby.
Bill

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal