biggest regret?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Cano

Reaction score
Have you ever left something behind at a dig, creekwalk, mudlark, etc, that you later regretted? Didn't know what you had or didn't think it was worth lugging back? Or something at a swap you passed by?

Just curious :p

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Have you ever left something behind at a dig, creekwalk, mudlark, etc, that you later regretted? Didn't know what you had or didn't think it was worth lugging back? Or something at a swap you passed by?

I think we all have! 25 years ago on a dig, there was this little opened abandon cabin, out in the woods, and their dump behind with an outhouse next to it. Next weekend we came back- and bummer! This square nailed old cabin was flat on the ground. Next weekend we came back again, it was standing, like it never happened. That was pretty freakin weird! . I still don’t know who put it all backup! But now that it’s all fenced up, that outhouse haunts me. Would love to dig that up. Or better yet, look for outhouses that were filled , there,already. We never got into the real old trash like had to be under the early 1900’s kind of trash? I want to ask permission, but they would probably say no? Like if I did the work and they split it with me? I think about that in reverse, for my own hunk of land, what I would say, if someone asked? I don’t know how that would hit me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,

I definitely have. I've accidentally left stuff too. Always bites me and I always have to go back whenever it is possible, lol.

sandchip

Reaction score
My daddy and I were looking through an old grist mill that his father ran back in the thirties. An old wooden pea sheller that Daddy built as a teenager was still there. I also found a corn meal sack with the family name and all. I put it aside with the intent of grabbing it before we left, but forgot about it, being an absent minded teen. A few months later, the mill burned to the ground, which reminded me of the treasures that I left behind. Too late now! To this day, I've yet to see another sack like that. Plenty of others from other local mills, but not that one.

relic rescuer

Reaction score
Not a bottle, but a metal object. I was out deer hunting and found a choker end, for logging. You find the smaller ones all the time, they weigh a pound or two, but this thing was huge, probably weighed 10 pounds, or more. I put it back because I had no way to carry it with a rifle in my hands. I always regret it tho, it would have made a great mantle piece. Or door stop.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28