BIGGEST sign ever! Worth retrieving?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
You will be a quick center of attention. Villain to some perhaps. ..Hey, maybe someday one can point out a few sites and blaze a trail through the brush for you if you toss him some food.--Not likely anytime soon perhaps. I can't remember the tv show but this season there was an episode of this trio of Big Foot searchers that caught a SHADOW of one walking against a streamside cliff face. I believe it was in N. CA or maybe your state. The recorded footage lasted about 5 seconds. Evidently some of them have a sort of cloaking capability, among other things. Remember, be safe and live to dig another day. Good luck.

Newtothiss

Reaction score
You will be a quick center of attention. Villain to some perhaps. ..Hey, maybe someday one can point out a few sites and blaze a trail through the brush for you if you toss him some food.--Not likely anytime soon perhaps. I can't remember the tv show but this season there was an episode of this trio of Big Foot searchers that caught a SHADOW of one walking against a streamside cliff face. I believe it was in N. CA or maybe your state. The recorded footage lasted about 5 seconds. Evidently some of them have a sort of cloaking capability, among other things. Remember, be safe and live to dig another day. Good luck.
The plot thickens!
Actually, lengthens..

Went back this morning and found ANOTHER section! It's a 3 part sign, 30+ft. It is enamel, white then red, etc..

The third piece was bent in half, but unbent, it's not too bad.

No pics ATM... underground beehive ruined the morning.

Pics soon

willong

Reaction score
The plot thickens!
Actually, lengthens..

Went back this morning and found ANOTHER section! It's a 3 part sign, 30+ft. It is enamel, white then red, etc..

The third piece was bent in half, but unbent, it's not too bad.

No pics ATM... underground beehive ruined the morning.

Pics soon
Are you doing okay after those stings?

Ground-nesting Yellow Jackets are nasty little buggers. Unlike honey bees, each one can sting multiple times. Bald Face Hornets are another hazard in our region, but their nests are somewhat more avoidable being easier to spot than just a small hole in the ground.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Newtothiss,

Yes, I usually encounter the ground bees when I go over their hole with my push lawn mower. They'll chase you! (Ever see an old man run?--Not usually a pretty sight:oops:.) --Take it from an old road racer.:)

More importantly, I remembered the name of that tv show with the shadow of a Big Foot w/o one visible in the foreground-"Expedition Big Foot." --I think its on the Discovery Channel.

That sign was meant to be seen from a distance. Congrats on finding the last piece.:cool:

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Newtothiss,

Yes, I usually encounter the ground bees when I go over their hole with my push lawn mower. They'll chase you! (Ever see an old man run?--Not usually a pretty sight:oops:.) --Take it from an old road racer.:)

More importantly, I remembered the name of that tv show with the shadow of a Big Foot w/o one visible in the foreground-"Expedition Big Foot." --I think its on the Discovery Channel.

That sign was meant to be seen from a distance. Congrats on finding the last piece.:cool:
20+ bee stings...

That sign better net me a pretty penny!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Take a couple days off if you can. We all think you earned it. Maybe "make a pile" of your better finds and take those promo pics.

20 STINGS? OUCH! Its a good thing you aren't allergic at all or you could be dead. Might be time to think about an Epi pen for your med kit in that neck of the woods. ..There should be a medal or something for blood shed while on a dig--the Purple Shovel/trowel perhaps.

Last edited:

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Take a couple days off if you can. We all think you earned it. Maybe "make a pile" of your better finds and take those promo pics.

20 STINGS? OUCH! Its a good thing you aren't allergic at all or you could be dead. Might be time to think about an Epi pen for your med kit in that neck of the woods.
Lol, last I heard (as a kid) I am/was allergic! Lol

The "pile" will be 3 huge signs, a bike frame, and retrieving what I lost/threw today.

Once I get this shit, I am DONE with this spot.

Reaction score
Defiantly worth it for the personal value! I'm sure it's not worth much, but cleaning it and hanging it up would be cool.

Last edited:

Newtothiss

Reaction score

Got it back!

Cobrien.cdm

Reaction score

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member