BILLIKEN - The god of things as they ought to be

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

I believe this design dates to 1907-08...
Yea, I did find it, finally, AFTER I posted this. 1908 is correct.

http://www.google.com/patents/USD39603?pg=PA2&dq=patent+design+39603&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Vjb_UIHND8TVigK4loDYCg&sqi=2&pjf=1&ved=0CE4Q6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=patent%20design%2039603&f=false

mr.fred

Reaction score
Very nice candy container you have[;)] Jim is in the right date range!~~they command a hight $$$$$----you got a GooooooD deal on it.~~Fred. He was called The God of things as they ought to be. Also a Salt Shaker. 2.5 in long( by) 4.5 H.

KentOhio

Reaction score
I know an antique dealer who had one once. I thought it was ugly and something no one would want. It sat in his display for a couple years at $95 but eventually it did sell.

botlguy

Reaction score
BILLIKEN objects of all shapes, types, forms, material go for some pretty big prices. There are the coin banks, both old and repro but they want too much money for my budget. There is one exactly like mine except in Milk Glass and I'm interested but expecting it to go for more than I can afford.

The St. Louis University mascot is Billiken and there is a lodge type organization formed aroud him. Strange character.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie