Bitters R.I.P

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Humblebee67

Reaction score
I really don't know much about this bottle. It's 5" tall. and on the bottom Wheaton NJ.
Could anyone tell me alittle more about this bottle and the cost if I sold it. Thank-You

Ec89753.jpg

Attachments

• Ec89753.jpg
    Ec89753.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 95

David E

Reaction score
Can't tell from photo but Weaton N J since 1920 (without the NJ)
They reproduce, don't know but maybe they were old bottle makers because of these marks.
TCW since 1888
TCWCo since 1888
Also a W inside of a circle is since 1946.
Dave

Humblebee67

Reaction score
David, I will take a better picture today.This has a c in a circle, a #1, then a w in a circle, on the bottom.

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi Humblebee67, welcome to the forum.
Are you sure it's a bitters ? only reason I ask is that a bottle with R.I.P in what looks like the shape of a coffin may be a poison, nice looking bottle whatever it is [;)] . Could you post a photo of the whole bottle ?

medbottle

Reaction score
Hello Humblebee, and welcome. I'm afraid your bottle is a reproduction. Wheaton made this bottle in several colors, but I'm not sure of the date...1970's? Still, the colors look nice in the window, and people might pay a $4-5 for that.

Humblebee67

Reaction score
Thank-you for the information, I have sent a picture of the whole bottle. Only if I was better at getting some good bottles, I would be all set. I have alot of bottles, which I don't know years or history, if I put more on here, you will not be upset. Thanks again.

Qo39290.jpg

Picture cropped and reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

David E

Reaction score
Hi the W inside circle would make it since 1946 which would be a repo year for this company. I bought an EZ Boozes by Wheaton for $.50. Can't speak for others on forum but I would be glad to try more bottles you have, be sure to add all embosing and mark on bottom if there is one.
Dave

David E

Reaction score
Hi looks like Wheaton has more marks than I'd recalled, in looking at my "A" section I find.

AWG
AWG CORP And AW in circle as American Wheaton 1959 to 1960. I don't know maybe they had a mark for repo of old bottles and one for bottles some of us used in the 50' and 1960's.

Dave

olddump

Reaction score
Hello, Humbleweed just a little stroy to help you. When I first started bottling I came across an old dig of somebodies and thought look at all the stuff they missed and would bring home a load every day thinking WOW then my son bought me a bottle book for my birthday and I then knew why they left them. But that book gave me my first knoledge of what to look for and I carried it with me allways and started to get the "good ones" That first book got me going in the right direction to becoming a bottle hunter. So look around book stores and such for books on old bottles and you'll see how cool it feels to see one of your bottles in it. But please keep sending us the pictures of your bottles the people here love to help. Thanks for listening. Tom, Olddump

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28