Black baby hatching from egg!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

California Dream N

Reaction score
While the sentiment behind the "egg baby" may be all Wrong. I love this piece.. I think it is a great addition to any collection. Times have certainly changed but that is what history is all about..Right? Congrats. I am jealous. [:mad:].. Norene

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
"Notable Quotations from George Santayana
'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'
Life of Reason, Reason in Common Sense, Scribner's, 1905, page 284"

baltbottles

Reaction score
We recently Dug a small childs ABC plate that pictured a black couple and had a typical saying about fruit. But one looking deeper this plates saying was quite raciest. A very odd piece. My digging partner also has a small figurine of a black child screwing a chicken. He dug from a privy many years ago.

Chris

tombstone

Reaction score
Now there are two pieces begging to be displayed together, a black child screwing a chicken and then a black baby hatching from an egg.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I love those little pieces of Americana, and so do some African American Collectors. I had one that showed a black boy up a palm tree and an alligator standing on the base lookin' up. It was a Florida souvenir that a black lady grabbed up for $$$. Don't sell those things short.

appliedlips

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys.Chris,I would trade half of YOUR collection to have the black boy screwing the chicken.Lol.Get a pic if you can,I would love to see it.Doug.

lexdigger

Reaction score
Check it out, I dug this yesterday. As soon as I saw the little ass sticking out I knew it was an egg with a baby in it. To bad it was broken. I searched and searched for the other half, but no luck. We did get some decent bottles, but nothing out of the ordinary. Chris

B036ABEA68A14BF6A2870B00A9DEA007.jpg

Attachments

• B036ABEA68A14BF6A2870B00A9DEA007.jpg
    B036ABEA68A14BF6A2870B00A9DEA007.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 60

bottlediger

Reaction score
wow thats just incredable i didnt think i would see another one of those anytime soon even tho its broke. Just crazy

keep on diggin

digger ry

lexdigger

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought the same thing. The funny thing is this was the first pit I dug after seeing his pics. Who would have thought? The guy I've been digging with has dug this town for thirty years. He said it's fairly common to get things of that nature in this town. He said his best "afrocentric" find was a bisque doll of a black boy eating a big slice of watermelon. It was in really good shape with 90% of the paint being intact. He traded or sold it off a while back. Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday