BLACK FRIDAY DIG

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deenodean

Reaction score
Here in Nova Scotia it is open season on coyotes. Here is a small article explaining why and what has been accomplished so far.

http://digitaljournal.com/article/327438

2 months ago 30 kms from here there was a 16 year old girl walking home from school attacked by a coyote while walking home from school. According to the news reports it was not letting go, someone driving by noticed it and chased it off her. A trapper was called in and caught 4 of them. For some reason they are aggressive in this part of the country. It is also a known fact that they are killing deer. All hunters here view coyotes as a menace and target practice.

The coyotes here are a cross breed between a coyote and a timber wolf.
They are also in Newfoundland playing havoc with the caribou population, but so far not affecting the moose population. The 1st recording of a coyote in Newfoundland was a baby coyote that was hit by a car in Corner Brook in the early 1970ies. They came over on the ice from Labrador. So far there is no open season on them there but they are being studied. I am sure every hunter views them as target practice there also.

RCO

Reaction score
that looks like a great location , digging season is over here as its snowed heavily the last 3 days and ground covered and alot colder than last week . i've found numerous abandonded properties but not many with mulitple dumps so that must be a good site . its highly possible some people have allready picked some of the bottles from very top of those dumps so better stuff is likely under ground or buried . i find that alot where dumps have had minor digging on top but rest left untouched .

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Sorry this thread got sidetracked. Coyotes under General Chat? Dugout has some great photos I'm sure?

PD

deenodean

Reaction score
Here are the only 4 bottles I got from that site so far, qt is Hub Beverages, Truro N.S. , 2 Crystal Spring Tonics, Truro N.S., the 1st Crystal bottle has a triangle with an R in the middle on the bottom indicating that both Tonics bottles were made at the Reed Glass Co, Rochester, N.Y. , 1954, and a French labeled Red Rock Cola broken but I took it anyway.

100_7516_zps83898ea0.jpg

100_7518_zps0f709722.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583