Blob Top GIVEAWAY !!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: justadddirt

NO THANKS!! I'LL PASS!!! I DON'T NEED BOTTLES THAT BAD.

SO WHY BOTHER POSTING ANYTHING AT ALL MR. GARY!!!?

I don't need/want east coast bottles, but plenty of people do. Jim, at the core, is a good dude despite the ruffling of feathers which sometimes occurs in tense situations. Him and I have had our disagreements, but that past does not constitute a good reason to stir trouble. When he isn't riled-up by the intellectual filth spewed by ignorant hillbillies, he is a positive, supportive and nurturing force here. Ultimately, his gesture is a positive, community-building endeavor. If you aren't interested in getting free stuff then keep your trap shut and let everyone else have a good time. Nowadays I rarely, if ever participate in such "contests" because I can earn what I desire through perseverance and novel, creative approaches. In my youth many collectors gifted me with nice bottles and antiques/artifacts at their own expense because they knew they were either planting the seed, or nurturing the seed of a lifelong interest in those realms. Perhaps that is what Jim is going for.

Also Gary, I know that you have been very kind and generous yourself to other members of the forum (such as Staunton Dan), so despite the problems you may have with Jim (and myself), can't you at least appreciate what this gesture means for the hobby, instead of insinuating negativity based upon unpleasant events in the past? People grow, mature, learn, and improve every day. Just let it go, man.

And, for the sake of the game, my answer is 5. [:)]

Uhm, edit, the guess will be 5432...

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

so despite the problems you may have with Jim (and myself), can't you at least appreciate what this gesture means for the hobby, instead of insinuating negativity based upon unpleasant events in the past?
Funny thing is I don't think I know this Gary nor do I remember having any other contact with him before this Plumb, he might be a friend of someone who doesn't like me, you can't please everyone I guess...LOL[8D]

Good Luck to you and everyone else....Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL