blue bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

snafa

Reaction score
My daughter found this blue bottle under or new house. The house was built in 1892, she is super excited about it and wanted to find out some info. It is blue or cobalt blue I'm not sure about 5 inches tall with a M on the bottom. It also has a cork with maybe a wick in it. Any info would help. Thanks

IM000468.jpg

IM000470.jpg

IM000472.jpg

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hello, your bottle is a turn of the century (20th) Bromo Seltzer made by Maryland Glass Corp., Baltimore Maryland., 1907-date. Maryland Glass was built for Emerson Drug Co. of Baltimore as a wholly owned subsidiary. Hope this helps, Kelley Referenced: Julian Toulouse "Bottle Makers And Their Marks"

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
No, that cant be a Bromo. Bromos are round and have "Bromo-Seltzer Emerson Drug Co. Balt. MA" embossed on them.[;)]

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi snafa, welcome to the bottle forum.
You aren't from Australia by any chance are you ? if so that bottle will be made by the Melbourne glass bottle works, that M is the exact mark they used from 1900 til the mid 1910's. It may still be MGBC made anyhow, they exported stuff to New Zealand and probably a few other countrys.

snafa

Reaction score
No luck on the Australia, we are in the USA Kansas to be exact. Thanks for all the info though.

IRISH

Reaction score
That would probably be it then [:D] .
I wonder if there is any Aussie bottles made by Maryland Glass Corp that we all think are MGBW made [:-] .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4