blue bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

huffmnd

Reaction score
HI everyone, I haven't been a member of this forum for very long, I just joined to help out a friend of mine with a collection of bottles he had. WELL in the process I believe that I may be hooked. It seems that everywhere I go I am looking at bottles. I do not know a thing about them but I have found the historyof them very interesting. So to make a long story not so long, today I came across a cobalt blue bottle in the shape of a barrel about 6 inches tall(no pics) and in raised letters is Greetings Theodore Netter 1232 market st philla pa. I don't think that the seam goes all of the way up the side of the lip and on the bottom I believe it says root. Is this for rootbeer? Is it real or a fantasy piece? What would it be worth? I have no clue. Any information on this one would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and God Bless.

trussin

Reaction score
Hey Huff m if you got em,

Your bottle is familiar to me and it would be worth you getting some pictures posted here. I think this is amoung the best places to figure out what something is worth since there are so many premeum buyers here. Welcom. Check out this site. It will help. Bye, Joe B, NJ
http://www.mindspring.com/~oldbottle/flasks.HTM

huffmnd

Reaction score
I will try to get a picture out just as soon as possible. I did find out one thing about the bottle though, where I thought it said ROOT on the bottom it doesn't. My mistake. Thanks again God Bless.

huffmnd

Reaction score
I am back with a little information about tyhe bottle that I had asked about. I tried several web sites to locate my bottle and couldn't find much until I came across one called Great Antique Bottles. I scrolled through and found one almost identical, a whiskey bottle, mine has a little more hazing in it though. On the website they were asking $500 for it. That made me quite a bit more curious so I asked a friend of mine if I could borrow a book he had on bottles. It was published in 2000 and I found a listing in it for $275 to $375, no picture though. Maybe I didn't do so bad for $18. If anyone has any more info on this bottle please let me know because I still have my doubts about it. Thanks and God Bless.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter