Boar Hunt Pot Lid Help!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gidday

Reaction score
NUBpots, That view is typical of pratt lids framed, usually because they were damaged. Difficult to tell 100% from the pixilted images but appears to be a late issue 1920's worth about $50-60. Somewhat thicker lid than its ealier much rarer cousin.

NUBPots

Reaction score
Hi Gidday,

Thanks again for your help. Not exactly the answer I was hoping to hear but I appreciate your response.

NUBPots

Reaction score
Upon further research, I have not been able to find any evidence that this pot lid is not an earlier, more valuable version. If there is a way to prove this one way or the other, I would appreciate knowing, otherwise any opinion on the age of the pot lid is just that--an opinion.

Dirranbandi

Reaction score
G'day NUBPots

Can you take a side photo (profile) of the lid to indicate whether it is a domed top or flat top? This will help determine the age.

Also a clear/crisp close up of the transfer would also help with more accurate identification.

Cheers,

Dirranbandi

NUBPots

Reaction score
HI Dirranbandi,

Thanks for offering to take another look. Unfortunately I am unable to attach clearer pictures as pictures must be under 200kb and every time I shrink the picture, the quality suffers. The pot lid face is domed. It isn't possible to get a side view as the lid is wedged solidly in the frame and I haven't been unable to remove it. Actually, the frame and backing appear very old--possibly Victorian. In addition, there is a number hand-carved into the back of the frame. The number is 428885164. Don't know if this means anything but thought I'd pass the information along just in case.

Thanks again,

NUBPots

Gidday

Reaction score
Final judgement http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13910&item=6164214524&rd=1

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS