Digging in SW VA Help?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TwistedTea12

Reaction score
I live next to the historic "Homestead Hotel" in Hot Springs, VA and there are 3 different areas I know of that have potential gold when it comes to bottles in them found many rich type whiskeys and alot of other stuff just need better equipment, help, and whatever else you wanna bring haha.. Its mostly all covered up but theres different dumps and older one and then the newer one I've heard stories from both and seem some rare stuff come out of both within the past 20 years but its a very small town and I know theres something good out there. The Homestead has been there since 1766 and I live within a mile of it and these forgotten dumps they are a very expensive place thus very expensive liquor :) would love to find a privy hole here but its such a small rural area who knows if there was a brick lined one close but I do know my house used to be a boarding house for the old Homestead Milk Dairy... so who knows whats in my yard.

AlexD

Reaction score
Cool front yard[8D] The place where we live now use to be a small farm. There's still the barbwire fence in the back yard[;)]

FitSandTic

Reaction score
Hey twistedtea i live in roanoke va and im looking to do some diggin if you ever need any help plus i have two tumblers to help with cleaning up the finds

TwistedTea12

Reaction score
Hey buddy I sent you a PM, We defintely need to dig soon !! I have new boots and have a new pin pointing metal detector on the way and probably will be getting a probe eventually :) I got some primo dump spots just gotta find the exact spot to dig for the good stuff :) alot of snow lately though so no good for the hobby but its passable if you really wanted to freeze etc.. haha

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen