Boiling eggs

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I just can't do it. I try for soft and they come out hard. This time I tried for hard and they're runny. Arghh [:mad:]

Dugout

Reaction score
Here's what I do... For soft boiled ~ Run hot water over your eggs and let them sit in it while your water on the stove comes to a boil. Spoon the eggs into the water and when it starts boiling set the timer for 3 min. When done run cold water over them to stop them cooking and also to cool them enough to handle. You will get it figured out. Large eggs take a bit longer. For hard boiled ~ Use older eggs and let them set at room temperature for a day or 2. Put them in tepid water and bring to a boil. I boil them about 15 min. Then dump off the hot water and run cold water over them. I LOVE EGGS!!!

ajohn

Reaction score
Great E, just had me an egg samich. Although I didn't utilize all that great info from R.Hope your doing OK too. Got me a little time off so as soon as I figure out how to download pics from my phone I'll post some finds from my travels. I still got that glass bug!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Jeeze Louise Eric where are you at!!!??? boiling for three four minutes is standard for soft boiled, and fifteen minutes is correct for hard, you on top of mt Everest or something????

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster