Booth's Old Tom Gin please help appraise/identify

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

thelucidspace

Reaction score
I'd like some help identifying this bottle I recently aquired from my dear old grandmother (she gave me a couple of bottles shes been holding on to for 30+ years, and she said they were collectible when she got them). It's interesting, from looking at the seam it appears to be from before 1900's (but I'm just guessing).
It says:
"Gold Medal Calcutta-1884" and "Gold Medal New Orleans-1884-5"
In tiny print near the bottom:
"Oct.1 1857. All future shipments will bear the following signature on each label. Which it is hoped may frustrate the shameful piracy carried on at Hamburgh."
It also has a glass stopper with a ring of cork attached to it. If you need more information please let me know. I would like to know also how much it is worth, if anything at all. Thanks a lot. Feel free to ask questions about it, I'll answer them to the best of my ability.
Here is a picture (the best one I could get that shows the entire thing):

Vt57253.jpg

Attachments

• Vt57253.jpg
    Vt57253.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 63

kastoo

Reaction score
Ask in this forum:

http://www.thetreasuredepot.com/cgi-bin/bottles/bottles_config.pl?#8494

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi thelucidspace, welcome to the forum [:D] .
That is an absolute classic of a lable [:)] , I've never seen a Booths lable before but there is a few different seal bottles from the company (1850's or even earler up till the 1880's) and they make a very nice collection. Your one dosn't have a small seal of glass with text embossed on it near the base by any chance ?
I will try to get a photo of my sealed one (a black one) in the next day or so and post it.

thelucidspace

Reaction score
nifty, thanks for replying everybody, I also have two other gin bottles i will be posting images of later on. Thanks guys.
P.S. No embossing by base.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85