Bottle caps

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Wasnt trying to offend. Just doing as you asked. Using these cans to date the pile was all.

I wasn't offended at all, just trying to help. From what I can guess from the cans (depending on if the Canada Dry's had zip codes or not) the dump seems to date from around 1965-1975. But you might find older & newer stuff in there. Hope this helps. LEON.

P.S. I'd pay $100 for certain rare cans in the shape of your Canada Drys or my Cliquot Club.

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
These piles I'm digging are in some sort of chronological order. Thats what I'm trying to figure out. Which way they went across the edge of the woods to make the trash piles. Heres a pic of what I'm dealing with. IMG_20190401_190325_694.jpgñ

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
Mid section on that pic is a darker mound. Its roofing. Prob from 1960's era. But....under it has been older stuff. To the right which is deeper in the woods, its from when the house burned in 1937.

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
Leon, you send me an address. I will send you what i can find, you send me back postage. Hows that?

hemihampton

Reaction score
I would do that but send me pics of any cans you find before you send them. some cans would not even be worth sending or the postage. The trick is to know the good from the bad. THANKS, LEON.

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
No problem. Ok. Do you want partial cans and lids? A milwaukee can?

hemihampton

Reaction score
No problem. Ok. Do you want partial cans and lids? A milwaukee can?

No, Partial cans & lids or parts of cans or major holey cans will have no value. unless extremely rare. THANKS, LEON.

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
Not forgot you leon....just been raining lije crazy and the shed is in mud which is where the cans are for pics. Rained over 2" today alone.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Bummer, I hate when that happens. I usually dig Privies all summer but I remember one year barely got out because it rained almost everyday all spring, summer & fall. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26