Bottle Diggers - Not Emotional?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Seeing MIKMIS' thread ( a couple of shards) with all the shattered Bitters reminded me of this:[/align] [/align]The following was written by me back in ,(way) back in, Jan. 1991 and was printed in Bottles & Extras Magazine #11.[/align] [/align]Did I hear Someone Say Bottle Diggers Aren't Emotional?[/align] [/align]Given:[/align]This array of feelings experienced by the average digger on a typical day of digging:[/align] [/align]Anticipation - preparing for the dig.[/align]Excitement - Fantasizing of untold treasures to be unearthed.[/align]Eagerness - When unloading the gear near the dig site.[/align]Pride - Look at the dirt fly![/align]Frustration - " Cripes ! Why do the bottles have to be so deep?"[/align]Boredom - After unearthing dozens of plain ABM corkers.[/align]Anger - Directed at the person who dumped the bricks.[/align]Concern - When half-buried in your collapsed hole, and all you can think about is the bottle you glimpsed just before the dirt fell.[/align]Irritation - Due to having to repeatedly remove falling dirt.[/align]Jubilation - The bottle of your dreams is at last in your grasp.[/align]Sorrow - It's damaged beyond repair.[/align]Optimism - You know there's another one yer to be dug.[/align]Determination - A brick strikes your bare head and you don't notice: just cuss and fling it away.[/align]Dis-belief - That shattering sound just couldn't have been your truck's windshield ?[/align]Disgust - "Yes, it was."[/align]Ecstascy - The perfect specimen is at last unearthed.[/align]Regret - No more bottles to be found.[/align]Gloom - A yawning chasm waits to be filled.[/align]Weariness - The hole's filled, gear's all loaded, glass cleaned-off the truckseat, but the truck won't start.[/align]Relief - After some tinkering, the truck starts and you're finally heading home.[/align]Shock - With watering eyes & windblown hair you arrive home, and your wife refuses to let you in.[/align]Humiliation - After begging admittance and removing your boots & clothes outside, you're allowed in the house.[/align]Bliss - you take a hot bath and lie down in bed. (THE bottle on a pillow beside your head.)[/align]Smugness - "Just wait till the club members see what I dug. They'll turn green with envy."[/align]

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Here's the accompanying cartoon by Bob Villamagna....

A4125FDE8AE24534BD1C59F1C3AD4291.jpg

Attachments

• A4125FDE8AE24534BD1C59F1C3AD4291.jpg
    A4125FDE8AE24534BD1C59F1C3AD4291.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 60

madman

Reaction score
hey charlie, the bottle on the pillow thats great man, hey i think this dump i found may produce its tricky though mike

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Charley, You for got Spasmatic- You diggin buddy just found the bottle of your dreams 1ft from where your digging and you had to talk him into comming. [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Those are great man.[:)]

diggincajun

Reaction score
Have gotten naked in the Garage many times, good job man.
Kim James

whiskeyman

Reaction score
WARREN..."spasmatic" - that's a good one.[/align]And, I know what ya mean. I've taken guys digging before only to have them make the best (or only) good find of the day.[:(][/align] [/align]TIQUE...whataya mean "that sounds like today?"[/align]It wasn't all that long ago....HA![&:][/align] [/align]MIKE...good luck on the dump...keep me updated on your finds.[/align] [/align]KIM....hmmmm,,,,were they all after you returned from a dig ? [;)][/align] [/align]Thanks for all the comments fellows.[:D][/align]

diggincajun

Reaction score
Yea when I come back from digging or diving, or cutting the yard or chasing dogs or cats or just to dance naked in the Garage. I have a great sound system out there, just need airconditioning. :) Let it all hang out, dig in the nude.[:D]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baumbers