Bottle dump question!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jake12

Reaction score
Hi guys, Iv been digging in the woods and been getting. Some better finds . However I'm about 2 in a half deep and hit chalk white soil it comes out in clumps and crumbles , I have found some cobalt stoneware crocks but many are broken . . Am I on the right path is there nother layer after this ? I'll post a vid later . Thanks for reading and comments would be very helpful for a young bottle digger :) -Jake

hunting262

Reaction score
Being a young collector myself i would say KEEP DIGGIN and hopfully you will find some older bottles on the bottom. And if you dont find anything going deeper then dig off to the side and try again. Good luck!!!![;)] Arek

Jake12

Reaction score
Thanks 4 the advice & yes I'm digging in a new derection and 1890's and early 1900's stuff are right on top! except there is a lot of dust ontop which is a pain to get out .:) -Jake

Basil.W.Duke

Reaction score
the rule to diggin bottles is that there are no rules......dig til you hit bottom and then probe to see if there is another layer. then dig all sides till yu hit end

JGUIS

Reaction score
I've only run into two things that are snow white while digging. One is lime, used to cover something stinky. One is plaster, used for making porcelain molds. Either one means there is something there, lurking below. Get below the white stuff and see what the soil does.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmajeau