Bottle Going Home!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
I thought I would share this experience with you..Some may remember the Beacon Beverages soda bottle I posted a few months back. It is unique, emerald green with panels and ribs similar to the cathederal pickles. Back to the story, I was contacted by a visiter to the forum regarding the bottle. He explained that his grandfather was the owner of Beacon Beverages, which was in business here in my community from 1947 -60. He sent a copy of my earlier post to his mother, who also contacted me. She shared some family history; how she and her brothers worked in the bottling shop during the 50s, they produced about 20 flavors of sodas, all in clear acl labels with the exception of the ginger ale, which was the only one produced in the emerald green. In response to her email I offered her the bottle, and within 5 minutes I received a phone call. Here's the kicker, she still lives here in Westbrook less than a mile away, and has been looking for a bottle from her father's company for years. Her son, who lives elsewhere, has been checking bottle sites and shops for one. I told her I would be pleased to return the bottle to an heir of its maker![:)] So this morning I'm personally delivering the bottle, it's finally 'Going Home'[:)].

flasherr

Reaction score
Good for you Norm. I know when I sell something at the markets I enjoy the money. But when someone with a tie to a product or a found memory of a product gets it, it kinda of gives me a bit of satisfaction. We can all tend to get caught up in the monetary value of items. So when someone walks away with an item and a smile it makes you want to smile. Im glad that it is going to someone with a tie to the product. For all anyone knows it was filled by her at one time in her life. Remember smile at someone today its contagious.
Brian [:)][:)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4