bottle help needed

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mysecrets88

Reaction score
Hello again,
Made my way back to the old dump site I have been working. I came across some older bottles, will post a scan tonight. I need help identifying a few. First is marked JF Churchhill's, by J winchester New york, any info as far as age and values? Another is marked on bottom L G CO. looks like a flask or a whiskey? Any info as far as co. would be appreciated, Also there is a Rumford Chemical works 8 sided bottle, Ozomulsion bottle which I think is very common, and the tall one is marked S S Co. Trade Mark. I think some of these are a little older than the first batch I removed. Still digging.
Thanks for any info
Pat

mysecrets88

Reaction score
Here is a photo
if more needed let me know>

Rp45019.jpg

Attachments

• Rp45019.jpg
    Rp45019.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 98

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hello mysecrets88, LG Co was for Louisville Glass Works (co) circa 1880. they made a lot of beer bottles. Your tall aqua looks like a pepper sauce. Looks like I see a wine and some medicines as well. Nice pre 1900 bottles. You are in the right time frame! Keep diggin![:D] Hope this helps, Kelley

mysecrets88

Reaction score
THANKS FOR THE REPLY KELLY,
WILL BE DOING SOME MORE DIGGING AT THIS SITE THIS WEEKEND SO HOPE TO FIND SOME MORE QUALITY
PAT

Matt in NH

Reaction score
Mysecret88, can you take a closeup shot of the green bottle in the front...it looks to be about 5" or so.... I think I found one similar to that the other day...Those are some nice bottles man!

Matty

mysecrets88

Reaction score
Hey Matty,
I had some great fun at this site and can you believe I found 2 of the same bottles? 5 1/2" and 7 1/2". Both in great shape. Marked Rumford Chemical works w/ W inside a space. nice green color, they both need to be bathed. Any info as to age, rarity or value would be appreciated. Hope you found one also. they are really great to look at
thanks again
Pat

Ki19461.jpg

Attachments

• Ki19461.jpg
    Ki19461.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Ki19461.jpg
    Ki19461.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 83

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hi Pat -

Rumford Chemical Works was located in Providence, Rhode Island. They produced Horseford's Acid Phosphate which came in the bottles you have pictured. They are pretty popular with collectors because of their nice teal color. 1880s-90s is their approximate time of production (I've had one with a patent date on the base of 1886 if I remember correctly). I've seen them priced $10-20+ each. Good luck with your digging!

- Sam

Matt in NH

Reaction score
Pat, I have the smaller Rumsford chemical bottle.....I found it in a dump a couple weeks ago....I love the green color of the bottle...I didn't even know they made a bigger one...THOSE ARE COOL BOTTLES FOR SURE!!!! WAY TO GO!!!

Matty

woody

Reaction score
If you love that color you'll want to find the G.W. Merchants bottles in Lockport Green.
Those will be worth a considerable chunk of change if you find a good pontiled version of them.
Gargling Oil.
From The Laboratory of G.W. Merchant.
To name a few.

old digger

Reaction score
That color catches the eye okay, we've had one for several years, thanks for the info on it

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles