Bottle ID. any help appreciated

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Pa.Pete

Reaction score
Hello,
I know nothing about this bottle stuff but I have always been curious about it.
maybe somebody can help me with one that my Father inlaw gave us? It is a light blue color, it has a seam but not in the spout (if that's what you call it) on one side it says Rosemary also has a small CAJ at about 7 o'clock on the same side. On the back it says Rosemary uses, astringent, pungent cooking herb, hair lotion (I could use that if it makes it grow back) tonic, perfume and toiletries.
Thanks for any info,
Pete
bottle5.jpg

necie35020

Reaction score
Picture of the bottom is blurred. Does it have any writing at all on the bottom? Try to post more and clearer pics.

beendiggin

Reaction score
I believe that to be a relatively modern reproduction in a "historical flask" shape. They've been made numerous times by a number of makers, I've had some similar types with herbs and their uses before. You can research them on the web pretty well. Try Clevenger Bros, or Wheaton. for starters.

Pa.Pete

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I am having trouble getting a good picture of the bottom, it does have letters on it C on one side and B on the other. I guess I thought it might be old because it doesn't have the mold line running through the top.
I will have to try to take another pic, maybe tomorrow have to put the kids to bed now.
Thanks again,
Pete
bottle7.jpg

amblypygi

Reaction score
The CB stands for Clevenger Brothers, and I think they stopped base-embossing their bottles that way in 1964, but someone may correct me on that date. Definitely Clevenger though, and collectible.

Sean

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1