Bottle Magazines.....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Lordbud

Reaction score
I have a handful of vintage bottle magazines from the early 1970s, some crazy prices and information in them. Back in the days when whittle marks were real...[8D] and every major town had its own bottle club and show out here in California. Places you've never heard of like Stockton even held a show back in the day.[:D]

epackage

Reaction score
I'm considering taking pic's of each page and putting up one issue here per day for all to see LB, I think that might be a good idea...I might do one issue tonight and see what the feedback is like.....there is some good stuff but not one bottle from Paterson NJ pictured or discussed yet....LOL....Jim

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ombudsman

They are very common indeed, sorry to report.
Dave
That's fine with me Dave, I'm just happy to know what the bottle is so I can list it the correct way on e-bay. Funny how I just got the bottle and I find this article right away after getting the magazines...My only regret is that it isn't embossed Paterson N.J. anywhere on it...Jim

epackage

Reaction score
Odd though, I can't find any on e-bay, guess we'll see if people want her when she gets listed later this week..

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

I'm considering taking pic's of each page and putting up one issue here per day for all to see LB, I think that might be a good idea...I might do one issue tonight and see what the feedback is like.....there is some good stuff but not one bottle from Paterson NJ pictured or discussed yet....LOL....Jim

Jim - I would personally love to see the mag's posted...I especially love the stories and little tidbits of info that surround the bottles and their history...all the old ad's...etc...

I for one - say "YES" !!!

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Lordbud

I have a handful of vintage bottle magazines from the early 1970s, some crazy prices and information in them. Back in the days when whittle marks were real...[8D] and every major town had its own bottle club and show out here in California. Places you've never heard of like Stockton even held a show back in the day.[:D]

If you have time you could add some of yours too! We could have like a "library" section....

epackage

Reaction score
Tinna I will try and do it later this evening, I need to see what forum section would be best for it, I think people will enjoy it.....

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: Penn Digger

Joe the Crow, how about all those mags you "inherited" from one of those great diggers from that time?

I still have them....(plus some that ajohn sent to me)[;)] They are awesomely interesting, I was digging during the 70's but very much a 'greenhorn' and in my own little bottle world. I still remember meeting other people that dug and being amazed that other folks recognized how cool these things were too....(Little did I know then that I was part of the 'great bottle collecting fad' of that time....) I NEVER have lost the habit since.[:D] Joe

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75