bottle populations

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

myersdiggers1998

Reaction score
ok ,so from what i've found out this bottle is unique,1of 1 known.

C588E495F7EE4ECFB4775845FCE875CF.jpg

Attachments

• C588E495F7EE4ECFB4775845FCE875CF.jpg
    C588E495F7EE4ECFB4775845FCE875CF.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 64

cyberdigger

Reaction score
The project should obviously focus on very rare bottles... it should be a website for lonely molds...[;)] ..if more than I dunno let's say 62 examples known, it's not worth listing...[8|]

brokenshovel

Reaction score
Once two bottles are "known" the value drops. I know of several collectors, perhaps myself included, that may not divulge that they have a bottle.
Could there truly be a "one of one" for an embossed bottle? No, the cost of making a mold or a plate is too great.
The second bottle is waiting to be found or more then likely waiting for some collector to admit is exists.

rockbot

Reaction score
I'm sure every town has a few rare,scarce,hard,only 1 of 5 etc. Its all about demand. If you have a lot of bottle collectors in your area and they are looking for a particular bottle it doesn't matter if they're 3 or 10 it will be of a higher value then some bottle that has only 2 known but not a desirable one to collect.

A bottle is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Its frustrating when people refer to certain bottles as rare and I have a bucket of it out under the barn.

Bottle prices are much higher here in Hawaii cause we have a lot of collectors and a limited land mass to find them in. Not to mention a lot of the good stuff is kept out of circulation by some collectors to exaggerate values.

RedGinger

Reaction score
This is an interesting question. Off the top of your head(s), what bottle comes to mind when you think "Very Rare"?? It is a really good idea for a site. I guess some collectors may not like it because it could cause values to go down, but I would be really interested in a database of bottles. It could be a site where you list where you found a bottle, just type it in and then you could search a certain bottle to see how many others have found, if any.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem