bottle prices

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I dont know if anyone else has noticed but prices for bottles on ebay seem to have dropped quite a bit lately. For example I see some pontil medicines selling for up to half what they would have brung a year or tow ago. Has anyone else noticed this?
Seems like it may be a good time to get some deals if you keep your eyes open.

bearswede

Reaction score
Yeah, Matt...

Unfortunately, I was doing the selling!

I had two Osgood's, one mint op and a late one with 90% label... All I could muster after 5 days was about $37... Thankfully, I had a reserve on them...

Ron

capsoda

Reaction score
Hi Folks, The price of most bottles has seemed to have dropped off. This seems to be more evident around Christmas and tax time. If your buying its great, [:)] if your selling not so great. [:mad:]

GuntherHess

Reaction score
$37 wouldnt be too surprising for a typical OP Osgoods since it is one of the most common pontil meds. If you say it was mint and you add one with a label then, ya , that's a low price. I would have guessed about $60-70 for both.

BTW, Your 2 price guides were shipped yesterday Ron. They seem to be taking about a week to ship US mail printed media rate. Not sure how Xmas traffic will affect this.

bearswede

Reaction score
The op's were selling for over $100 for quite some time, and I finally managed to get one under that...

bobpatt

Reaction score
I hadn't noticed. I used to buy a lot on ebay but gave up about a year ago because it got to where I just couldn't afford it anymore. I wish I had a dump to dig. Then I wouldn't have to get my fix by spending money. And you know that if I buy, I've got to have the better ones, no cheapies for me[:)]

bearswede

Reaction score
Just to prove my point:

http://cgi.ebay.com/OSGOOD-S-MEDICINE-OR-CURE-BOTTLE_W0QQitemZ6232307218QQcategoryZ895QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Evening Ron...

I only check out the bottles on E-bay to learn about them... the pricing... the descriptions... what's hot and what's not... I got burned once on E-bay and I probably will never buy another bottle from it![:mad:]

Besides, it doesn't have the same feeling as compared to touching it... feeling it... enjoying it... (yes, we are talking about bottles now[&:]) I really enjoy going to the bottle auctions to see the bottles of course, but to mingle with the other buyers and rub elbows with the "Big guys" (sellers and dealers)

The only bottles that I really collect now, are ones that I find! There is a certain "aura" around the bottle that you find... you remember when, where it was found, who was with you... the excitement of the find... the comradere... sharing the glass takes on a whole new perspective when you can also share the experience with close friends and fellow divers, diggers and collectors[;)]

Wayne

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday