bottle safety

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dabeel

Reaction score
Baltimore to Oakland/San Francisco, now San Diego
Glassman,

I find "earthquake putty" at my local Home Depot and Orchard Supply in the adhesives aisle.
Of course I live in California so I'm not sure if it's available everywhere, but it works the same way that whitefish said the museum putty does.

Hope you can find some....it does really work well.

Doug

FloridaDigger

Reaction score
A good way to secure your bottles to the shelf is with a hot-glue gun. A dab on the bottom of the bottle works fine; ...it keeps the bottles from falling off and keeps unwanted hands from picking up your priced possesions.

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Dabeel

Glassman,

I find "earthquake putty" at my local Home Depot and Orchard Supply in the adhesives aisle.
Of course I live in California so I'm not sure if it's available everywhere, but it works the same way that whitefish said the museum putty does.

Hope you can find some....it does really work well.

Doug THANKS I WILL LOOK FOR IT! YOU are right since I live in GA.they may not have it ,but maybe something like it.Anyone that comes to my house knows to look[from a distance] and not touch!

whitefish

Reaction score
I haven't really looked for it in any of the regular stores like Lowe's or Home Depot. I live in Nevada so I'm sure if I had looked hard enough. Maybe an arts and crafts store. I just googled it after I read about it and ordered the cheapest one from Amazon.com. Hope you have luck finding some.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I have lived all of my 63 years in 'earthquake country" and have never used anything to secure the bottles to the shelves. During Loma Prieta, in 1989, our chandeliers swayed and water splashed from the pool, but no bottles so much as wiggled on the window sills, or shelves. Call me a fool, or a gambler, or whatever, but I like to easily move the bottles around and the putty makes picking them up difficult at best.

houseman

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: digphilly

wait wait wait...you wife made you gather them up??

just bustin your balls. [;)]

Careful bustin my balls philly. My wife owns them and she's very protective!

I did get a couple of wire hangers put up. They work well. I'll get some pictures up soon.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH