bottles, bottles, bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bluemtnblue

Reaction score
After a day of searching the net for bottles, I DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE that there was so much interest and so many collectors!!!
Does anybody know if I can get a definitive answer on when my bottle was made and if it is a collectable? I looked at hundreds of sites, but I still didn't find anything about my exact bottle. I have kinda come to the conclusion that there were lots of "snake oil" doctors around back then, and some of them could afford to put their name on their bottles.
This has turned into more than I anticipated when I just looked under "antique bottles".

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi again,
First of all, you can search everywhere online, but this is the BEST place for bottle info. as far as collectors and diggers with first hand help. I mentioned in your other post that your bottle was listed as "Uncommon" 10 -25 known examples. I would say that yes your bottle is considered collectible. Your bottle, since only a small amount are known, would be hard to find online, if at all. This would include eBay. I consider this a good thing when researching a find.

You could also contact someone from the Baltimore club for more about your bottle. The info. I gave you earlier came from their book and this may be all that is available. Here's the link and good luck.

http://www.baltimorebottleclub.org/

DHandAH

Reaction score
David E. Foutz Co. manufactured Animal Medicines and Food in the 1800s in Baltimore Maryland. They specialized in horse, cattle, and poultry. His products were sold throughout the Northeast and in South America.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiharris