Bottles given to me

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tandy

Reaction score
Back in mid November, I volunteered to help a good friend by recycling a large number of old bottles, and managed to get about a dozen for myself. Well, on the 29th of December, she asked for my help again, this time to take the bottles that I wanted from an extensive collection she and her late husband had collected together.

My friend is a very active local historian, and is in the process of moving to a smaller house.

I brought home five boxes full of bottles, and fully intended to have them all cleaned "in a day or two", but the "later today or tomorrow" stretched into late today, as I had to clean and photograph all of the bottles, etc, that I was given.

dsc029403gv.jpg

This pot lid was on one of the shelves where the bottles were, and my friend has said that she has more, which she will give me when she finds them.

bluesc5ru.jpg

This magnificent bottle was on the top shelf, and had originally contained methylated spirits.

bottles14jy.jpg

There were a few sauces, two codds and the green eau de cologne among the bottles.

bottles38tt.jpg

There were also some Riley patents, and at least one 26 Oz Crown Seal.

cord1fs.jpg

There were some cordials and other bottles too.

enigmas7rt.jpg

There were also these two, I have found out that the light amber one was probably a lager, and the other is a Florida Water.

or9ol.jpg

This is a closer look at the light amber lager, quite possibly German in origin.

foodjars7wz.jpg

There were of course some jars, of various sizes, colours, uses and makers.

fruitjars27bo.jpg

Well, I did say there were some jars....

jarsmilk25so.jpg

Some more, some milks and a couple of amber olive oil bottles. (For the particular company, I know of three in existence. All mine.)

lgejars11po.jpg

These larger jars had been put out to be recycled.

mixture13jh.jpg

Not everything could easily be fitted into a certain category, so here is a mixture.

bottles24se.jpg

These demijohns/flagons were also included, but they are "cleanskins". The water filter can be seen below.

delphin3xt.jpg

metal18dg.jpg

Not everything was made of glass, as can be seen here.

Cheers and a Happy New Year,

Tandy

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Tandy...

Nice bottles Rick... sure are colorful! One of those ceramic jugs looks like one I found underwater... I thought it might have been English, I'll have to send you a photograph...

Keep diggin & collectin...
Wayne

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960