bottles you dig that you don't keep

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
I'm reading alot about some of you liking this bottle and that bottle, and the bottles you like and would like to have are common in some areas and not in others, to simplify, I throw out bottles you guys might want, I just don't collect them, and some are redundent, like the Bakers, I have 30 of them, I give them away to friends, what about a swap club , were we just exchange bottles , I know alot of the gallon bottles I just leave and meds I have I'll leave, what do you guys think?

ronvae

Reaction score
Is this swap something we could centralize to benefit the forum? Say, post a pic & what postage would cost, & whoever wants it pay postage, plus, say, a dollar to the forum? (and maybe those of you who have mailed a bottle before could post instructions for those of us who haven't?). Just a thought...

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score
Sound's pretty cool. I gave away two starter boxes to two members who are beginning collectors and hunters. Each box consisted of 80 or so bottles. They included a poison, two straight-sided cokes, numerous medicines and extracts, pickle bottles, etc. All I charged was shipping. It was a great way to get rid of excess, plus it started them a nice collection. I may take home alot on this list, but only to give to somebody else. Here is a list of stuff I usually leave or find ton's of:
1. BIM Prices Delicious Flavoring Extract
2. BIM Sauer's Extracts
3. BIM Souder's Flavoring Extracts
4. BIM Three-in-One Oil, small size
5. ABM Bromo Emerson all sizes
6. ABM Caldwell's Syrup Pepsin Monticello, Ill. regular and very large
7. BIM Caldwell's Syrup Pepsin Monticello, Ill. tiny clear and aqua
8. BIM Lax-Fos Free Sample clear and small
9. BIM Armour's Laboratory Chicago amber
10. BIM Sloan's N&B Liniment Boston
11. ABM Sloan's Liniment Kills Pain
12. BIM Dioxygen Oakland Chemical Company amber
13. BIM Listerine Lambert Pharmacal Co. all sizes
14. BIM Ballard Snow Liniment St. Louis usually ice blue 4" rectangle
15. ABM McElree's and Cardui Woman's Chattanooga Med. Co.
16. ABM California Fig Syrup Wheeling, W.V.
17. ABM Price-Booker San Antonio, Price- Booker Houston pickle bottles
18. BIM Fletcher's Castoria aqua
19. ABM Dodson's Livertone
20. BIM Hick's Capudine for coughs,colds,cripp both sizes amber
This is at least a starter list of what I would leave.

Tandy

Reaction score
BOTLDGR03, from our dumps, here in South Australia, I can add these bottles, some of which you have already mentioned.

Sloan's Liniment
Perry Davis Pain Killer
ZAC
California Fig Syrup

Cheers,

Tandy

xaalaax

Reaction score
In New Zealand for me anyway i dont bother with anything thats after the 1940s or any that are just plain with no embossing. I Think most of us are like that over here, theres just too much plain stuff and new stuff that has no appeal, you also end up with too many if you keep everything, ive got 190 different bottles in my collection but they are all desirable good ones, i used to have a heap more and just got rid of them all. Recycled quite alot of the 1940s+ ones and the plain ones

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL