Newbie from NC

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dkwayman

Reaction score
Just saying Hi! I currently live on 13 acres of an old tobacco farm in central NC. There are at least 2 old homestead sites here and without any digging, I already have around 40 bottles. I have a couple of old Coke bottles, Pepsi bottles, Ball jars, pickle jars, whiskey bottles (newer) and many, as yet, unidentified misc ones. Some old stuff and some more recent like the 50's, 60's, etc. It's so much fun and addictive! Can't imagine what I'm going to find once I really get at it. Unfortunately, there's also a ton of broken bottles on the surface but that's not going to stop me. Also, just bought a metal detector. Sure wish it could detect glass. :) :) Looking forward to learning from you guys!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Just saying Hi! I currently live on 13 acres of an old tobacco farm in central NC. There are at least 2 old homestead sites here and without any digging, I already have around 40 bottles. I have a couple of old Coke bottles, Pepsi bottles, Ball jars, pickle jars, whiskey bottles (newer) and many, as yet, unidentified misc ones. Some old stuff and some more recent like the 50's, 60's, etc. It's so much fun and addictive! Can't imagine what I'm going to find once I really get at it. Unfortunately, there's also a ton of broken bottles on the surface but that's not going to stop me. Also, just bought a metal detector. Sure wish it could detect glass. :) :) Looking forward to learning from you guys!
Sounds like you're off to a roaring start! Keep us abreast of your progress and don't forget to share pics of your finds. Welcome to the group!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen