Bought over 200 old fruit jars

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

randyfukeway

Reaction score
We just purchased 12 boxes at an estate sale with over 200 old mason and ball fruit jars. We have not looked at every one in detail, but we have found a few that the the words perfect and mason do not line up perfectly, one has a backwards "s" in the word Mason and we have about 4 of the patented 1858, each with various emblems.
We plan to research and determine the value of these, as well as the others that we have. Where is the best place to sell once we determine what we have?

randyfukeway

Reaction score
We bought a Red Book #9. which has ads in the back of people willing to pruchase. Thanks so much for nothing. This board is about as useful as dandruff!

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Sorry you feel that way randyfukeway. Actually this board is very useful. Sometimes 7 days is not enough time for the members who specialize in a particular field to read the post, do the research, and then respond to you. Just because you didn't get a reply right away doesn't mean you wouldn't have at all. I read your first post but I don't collect jars, so as opposed to blowing smoke up your skirt or out and out lying to you, I chose not to reply. This forum is loaded with people who will do anything to help another person out. I'm sorry your 1st experiance with us did not live up to your expectations, but I hope if you have more bottle related questions in the future, you will give us another try. Kelley

diginit

Reaction score
I saw this post a couple of days ago and I have to quote gunsmoke.I didn't want to give anybody assumed info. You know the definition; It makes an ass out of u & me. Hee-Haw. I ,myself,currently have 2 posts with 0 replies on this site. 2 out of 143. I'll check back tomorrow. I have had more fun and have learned more about different bottles here than in any book. And it's free! . Thanks guys and gals! Jim

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn