broke in a new digger

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

craigc90

Reaction score
My son just turned 8 he reads all my bottle books and knows every bottle I own. I took him scouting an early foundation I remember finding when I was a kid. We walked an hour to get to it. We found the cinder dump and a few shards of pottery and early stuff and will be going back soon with some better tools. He is hooked I wont be able to get out of the house without him now.[:D]
Here are a few pics

Tr49415.jpg

Willman669

Reaction score
your son will probably be more crazy on bottles than me. coz i started when i was about 10 and now im 15 and im insane on bottles.

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi craigc90, great picture of your son. he looks pretty happy. i guess that what they call quaility time. good luck to both of you digging. rhona

deepwoods

Reaction score
Craig - What a beautiful spot and a great full 'a life son you have there. My son and I have had some unforgetable times digging together and I hope you do to.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Craig...

I have two boys that are into diggin... My oldest just got scuba certified (He was 15) and now the 13 year old wants to learn how to dive. I am proud, but it sure makes me feel old... enjoy them at this age, cause soon they will forget about the bottles, the diggin... the diving and be off chasin Girls!!!!! [:eek:]

Well, I guess that's not a bad thing...[&o]

Wayne

Edude203

Reaction score
yeah i started when i waz about 11 now i am 16 and biding in silent auctions and diggin solo

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I remember digging at that age. I didn't have parents that dug, I just loved getting dirty. The 60's-70's era and a love for all that was old at that age is a GOOD thing. Now I have spots I'd like to go back to but I'm not a cute kid anymore. Now I'm well into my arrestable age. The town I lived in has a lot of moola now (even though we didn't and don't). I feel a "look" just walking the old stomping grounds. Developement can S%^#. Maybe I'll see if I can borrow my nephew for a couple days.
Is that an old bridge? I guess you've walked the road if it is. Looks like a great spot.

DIGGER DAVE

Reaction score
Being a Dad is the greatest thing in life, aside from being a mom ! Dads are elusive and gone making ends meat much of the time. This is why these little ones pick up our bottle books and are thrilled at the thought of us trusting them enough to help us clean a few keepers. They are reaching out to us to say " Hey Dad I am hear, and I can care about the things you do, if it means you will talk to me " . LET THEM DIG !!! Buy them their own shovels, gloves and bucket.That is what they need. As do we !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter