Brown Bros salt glazed bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

stonebottle

Reaction score
diggerdirect,

The fultonhistory.com website is a great place to search old newspapers. I figured that was probably where you found the information, if it wasn't give it a try. There are tons of old papers there, including Syracuse and Oswego. If you do sell the Brown Bros, I would probably be interested. Thanks. stonebottle

Sodasandbeers

Reaction score
What was the age of the bottles found with the Brown Bros stoneware bottle? Also when using the name section of sodasandbeers.com, enter the names partially or spelled out. "Brown Br" or "Brown Brothers" would have found a match. "Brown Bros" would not have matched since the name is listed as "Brown Brothers." Using the attributes section under name listes the name as it appears on the bottle without the initials or first name.

diggerdirect

Reaction score
Hi there sodas&beers, the age was approx 1870s I would say, all applied top bottles but nothing really close or 'should have been pontiled', if you know what I mean. BROWN BROTHERS brought up BROWN BROS. on the search of that site, BROWN BROS had no hits, m not sure just why but....

Al

PS still trying to tie it in to a firm or person, best possibility so far is the Brown Brothers in Fair Haven, NY but no confirmation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday