brown coca cola bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ricker2

Reaction score
aunt was tossing out stuff from her garage and i found a brown colored coca cola bottle with an arrow around the coca cola on the sides. on the bottom was coca cola with a large X above it. neighbor sez it might be worth something. any ideas? thx can't upload the pic. sez it's too large. hmmmmm....just a jpeg. if someone wants to see the pic email me.

bubbas dad

Reaction score
they can be quite valuable, depending on condition, where it's from and etc. if you can get your picture sized down and posted, someone may be able to help you.

ricker2

Reaction score
around the bottom it sez.... COCA-COLA BOTTLING WKS.2nd......on the other side of the bottom it sez LOUISVILLE,KY i also noticed the coca cola with the arrow on one side is much lower than the one on the other side. thx for your quick reply.

ricker2

Reaction score
here's a pic of the bottom

Qo40049.jpg

Attachments

• Qo40049.jpg
    Qo40049.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 100

capsoda

Reaction score
They book at $100 but they rarely bring more than $50. Lots of them showin up lately. Looks like a fairly nice one.

sodabottle

Reaction score
About brown cola
I think i remember someone tell me that if you see a brown or amber coca cola you should just leave it because they are just radiated or they are fakes
Was he feeding me a bunch of lies or the truth

bubbas dad

Reaction score
while the amber straight side cokes bottles are not very common they are a known and documented bottle. as far as i know there are no proven amber or brown hobble skirt coke bottles. the few that i have seen were proven to be fake or altered. i have heard a rumor that there are few floating around but as far as i know thats just a rumor. i don't know of anyone ever seeing one.
by the way that looks like a nice bottle. too bad about the dings, if you tried to sale it they might take some away from the price.

capsoda

Reaction score
I've seen one amber hobble skirt coke so I can assure you they exist. { can't afford something like that }[&o] Radiated bottles are sick and have a grayish tint to them. The differents is easly noticeable. Besides, if you dug it, its probably the real thing, yours looks ok to me.

ricker2

Reaction score
and what's with the big ole X? someone mentioned experimental.

Vt57731.jpg

Attachments

• Vt57731.jpg
    Vt57731.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 116

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib